• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Msn VS Aol

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
Just like George Bush is at war with terrorism,
Msn is at war with AOL, lol :biggrin2:

Attachments

• aol-msn.jpg
    aol-msn.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 68
i hope MSN kills AOL because the people at AOL are all a**holes, a firend of mine bought a scanner from them and when she got it she called the tech support and they told her that it wouldn't work on her computer and when she tryed to send it back, they wouldn't take it back

Originally posted by Who?
i hope MSN kills AOL because the people at AOL are all a**holes, a firend of mine bought a scanner from them and when she got it she called the tech support and they told her that it wouldn't work on her computer and when she tryed to send it back, they wouldn't take it back

why the hell would she buy anything from aol anyways ?

Can't remember the exact numbers but..

America Online has around 27-30 million users - making it the largest ISP in the United States (and World I guess)

MSN (the second largest ISP) has 12-13 million users. MSN Is way behind.

When people say "AOL Sucks" or "I hate AOL", I ask them "why?"

And their reason "cuz they do".

Until someone can come up with a valid point on why AOL Sucks, I don't wanna hear it. And don't say "because they overcharged me and refused to refund me". That happens not just to AOL, but to many large companies.

My expierences with AOL (and continue experiences), I have no problems with them.

True, I do have a cable connection via a 3rd party cable provider.
True, my system is new and I can run the lastest AOL software.
True, I only pay $7.95 a month for AOL .. so who is complaining?

But the point is, AOL doesn't suck.

Originally posted by Who?
i dont know, she already had a scanner that worked on her computer
Aol sells stuff now?? lol

and msn is right about the "help in the cancelling of your AOL account"

When I tried to cancel mine, thay gave me 2 months free after and then after they tried to stuff 3 months for 5 bucks just so I stay with them, I said no, but they still tried and treied and tried, lol

Also,
Who hates their advertisement on tv raise your hands :D

"Aol made me talk with my friends living far away, NO LONG DISTANCE FEESS!" - WOW, its called msn girl

"Aol made me discover the music world!" - its called kazza

"Aol made my online search for websites easier and faster" - altavista.com :rolleyes:

"Aol this, Aol that, blabla"

Even their "how to install AOL advert is gay"

"I inset the aol cd, double click and voila, aol is installed!, I even got myself a glass of orange juice while it was installing" - Is it me or they forgot the endless phone calls to tech support so they activate your account caus their cc procesing stuff dosnt work. They also forgot modem configs, endless restarts, disconnects, blablabla....

I feel like making Aolsucks.com right now :D

Originally posted by Robert

But the point is, AOL doesn't suck.
I concur.

AOL provided me a great service before I moved to DSL. Teh only think I dislike about them is the price. I think it was already something like $21.95 a month, plus they charged another $5 for using a checking account instead of a credit card. They were reliable, and quite fast, fordialup anyhow, and they were also the only ISP with local dialup numbers in my area at the time.

People only claim AOL sucks for the same reason they claim Microsoft sucks--because everyone else does and the world is made up of a bunch of followers who can't think for themselves.

Originally posted by Bruce
I concur.

AOL provided me a great service before I moved to DSL. Teh only think I dislike about them is the price. I think it was already something like $21.95 a month, plus they charged another $5 for using a checking account instead of a credit card. They were reliable, and quite fast, fordialup anyhow, and they were also the only ISP with local dialup numbers in my area at the time.

People only claim AOL sucks for the same reason they claim Microsoft sucks--because everyone else does and the world is made up of a bunch of followers who can't think for themselves.

Bruce, if it was the ONLY dial-up in your Maine area how you know they were good if you didnt have ANY references at all.
Before you state something, compare with others.

As for me, I was experiencing endless problems. Disconnects, busy numbers and a load of things like this.

I can't complain about price since I got like 6 months for about 30-40 canadian (~6.50$ CDN/month).

Their software was slow loading and crashed endelsly.
When trying to sign up, they had problems proccesing the CC so I had to call lots of times to their offices so they acitivate my account.

My exprericne with them was really bad.
Each expericne is personal, just like an opinion. And everyone can argue on it with others.

Microsoft does suck, anywho back on topic :) I don't think AOL sucks because they make great frisbees :D but really when I did use it there was nothing wrong with it, even when i tried to cancel everytime they just kept giving me access. then i just stopped using them because i didnt have any use for it. called about 2 -3 months later they said they were charging me 21$ a month for something i didnt use ! now that's the only thing that made me mad, but they removed the charges and i was happy. end of story. So dont say something sucks unless you really have a reason for it. Until i see one aol doesnt suck. (hey, weird this discussion was taking place on irc too :eek: )

But at least you people have to agree with me about their TV ads with are just "bad" (in clean words)

I have the feeling they try to make ppl look stupid at such point, that they must rely on AOL stuff to do normal stuff wich they could do with any other normal isp.

I mean...
Aol chat, Aol instant messagin, Aol Search, Aol this, Aol that.
Everything already exists on the net for this.

Last time I saw a dude browsing MapQuest.com with Aol (of course in an AOL ad) and he was like "Aol make me find my way around town more conveniant"

I mean... come on ppl.......

Originally posted by Wojtek
Bruce, if it was the ONLY dial-up in your Maine area how you know they were good if you didnt have ANY references at all.
Common sense, my friend.

No downtime + 53.3k connection speed = good (by any dialup standard).

Although I will admit their support people definately aren't teh brightest, but that's a different story.

Common sense, my friend.

No downtime + 53.3k connection speed = good (by any dialup standard).

Although I will admit their support people definately aren't teh brightest, but that's a different story.
Common sense can be sometimes missleading......

Okay, so you don't think a 53.3k connection and no downtime is "good" for 56k access.

Well what is it that you expect then? :confused:

Okay, so you don't think a 53.3k connection and no downtime is "good" for 56k access.

Well what is it that you expect then? :confused:
As I said earlier, evereyone has a different experiance/opinion about a given ISP.

In that case, I'd consider such ISP good, but when I know this is Aol, and Aol left a bad taste in my mouth, I'm not really ... you know :p

MSN is so great because they don't suck. haha

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*Serious*

I like MSN because they don't jam there product down your throat like AOL does, sending you a new trial cd every frickin month, buy this now, etc. I don't care for that much.

Originally posted by Sorenson
MSN is so great because they don't suck. haha

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*Serious*

I like MSN because they don't jam there product down your throat like AOL does, sending you a new trial cd every frickin month, buy this now, etc. I don't care for that much.
They will soon. Trust me.

Even Bell started sending out Cd's. I already have 2 of them.
[ bell = quebec phone/dialup/dsl company ]

Uhhh....Bell = the company that Alexander Graham Bell founded when he invented the telephone.

Back