• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Bad!

AvailNetworks

Greetings
NLC
just curious why the hell people still say "my bad"

that phrase gives me an endless supply of gas and it has stuck around for years.

Are we destined to ruin the english language?

No one is changing nothing, it's a matter of how you use them.

My bad is sort of a "slang" for I'm sorry.

I personally use "my bad" everyday only when I'm with friends; the environment entitles me to do so. When I'm around customers/clients, I often use I'm sorry as it seems more appropriate.

What's wrong with it?

Would you rather we be speaking like Shakespeare did?

Because that's what language does. It evolves.

The language is getting much more destroyed than "my bad". The slang people use on the street is much worse :eek:

yeah it definitely is. I remember when California I think it was tried to introduce ebonics as a mainstream language....that was a good laugh.

I know the english language is changing vs the shakespeare days but it seems lately everybody has to introduce a new slang word for every normal word. It is just getting a bit lame thats all.

Funny thing is that it just keeps sounding dumber and dumber, there is no progression in intelligence and when people us it they always have to hang their eyes at half mast and say it like they smoked 6lbs of pot.

Peepz chat how dey like yo, if ya nah like it, chat 2 da hand, ya get me?

I guess people are just dumbing down the language they speak.

Rubberband man
Wild as the Taliban
9 in my right
45 in my other hand

I hate that song. This topic made me think of it.

BV's sh*t gon' get clocked

Heh, the first time I came across this "saying" was at FWS from memory and I thought the poster was a little kid who couldn't say "I am bad" correctly :eek:

Well, sometimes the english language comes up with some of the weirdest expressions possible!... I mean, "Yeah man", "Cool", "Peace!"...

I don't want to keep complaining... my bad.

bad can be used as a noun

and if most people understand the use of "my bad", I think it's fine to use it.

Back