• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My best friend is moving to Australia, what should he know?

bigperm

Doot Do Do Do
NLC
As the title says... my best friend Will is going to Australia for anywhere from 3 months to a year, maybe more. He's going to be staying with the woman that gave birth to his little brother while his family was in Yeman (long story). She lives about 40 miles noorth of Sydney.

Is there anything that he should know before going?

Also, what is a cheap way to get to Australia?

Jan, that site is for Australians traveling abroad. Nearly the exact opposite of what I need.

Originally posted by bigperm

That contrary to popular belief:

Miners Rights are no longer free
Kangaroos don't live in the suburbs
Steve Irwin is not a good ambassador
Koalas don't drop from trees...too often

Ask him to see if his place of residence can be moved 12 hours north into Brisbane. :)

Cheers

Gary

Perhaps in small doses... ;)

Most folk I know think he's darn annoying. At his worst when he's on the news talking politics or about his "you little ripper mate" plans for the future.

I just think there are better ambassadors out there for Australia, who don't make us out to be a mob of yahoos. :)

Regards

Gary

Re: Re: My best friend is moving to Australia, what should he know?

Originally posted by Editor
Steve Irwin is not a good ambassador
Nor is Paul Hogan :nervous:

Originally posted by bigperm
As the title says... my best friend Will is going to Australia for anywhere from 3 months to a year, maybe more. He's going to be staying with the woman that gave birth to his little brother while his family was in Yeman (long story). She lives about 40 miles noorth of Sydney.

Also, what is a cheap way to get to Australia?

if he's muslim or lebanese, warn him that there's heaps of racism going out against these people (especially in sydney)

Re: Re: My best friend is moving to Australia, what should he know?

Originally posted by chicos

if he's muslim or lebanese, warn him that there's heaps of racism going out against these people (especially in sydney)
He's a W.A.S.P., they were missionaries in Yemen, passing out Arabic bibles and such. They still have a few cases of Arabic bibles, they are kinda cool to look at.

Ok, in Sydney city:

Don't look at anyone.
Don't bump into anyone.
Don't walk near anyone.
You see someone walking towards you, looking at you, run the other way.
Don't talk to anyone you don't know.
NEVER walk alone.
Don't act like a dickhead.
Don't act like a tough-guy.
Don't act in anyway stuck up.
Don't even think of trying to start a fight with someone who is Asian or Wog.

Breaking any of these rules will maybe lead to getting gang bashed.

Steve Irwin and Hoges are great. Maybe we should have Russel Coight as an ambassador :p. Ohh yeah don't ride Sydney trains in the outer suburbs late at night, unless you are near the guard's carraige (sp?) (the carraige with the red light). But if he is coming to Melbourne, then he should be fine. Melbourne is a really nice place.

Ohh Yeah
Make sure he goes up the Rialto Tower in Melb, if he goes there for a visit.

Hmm cheapest way to travel, Maybe he could drive :p. Cheapest way would be to wrap him up, and post him over, via SeaMail (only like a couple of weeks on the boat).

HAHA, what a load of BS Majin.

Watch out for these deadly kangaroos wandering the suburbs, and koalas seldom fall out of the trees. Crocodiles can be found in sydney harbour by the way, so think hard before swimming.

It is also a custom dating back 400 years to say 'crickey' among greeting someone, also 'gee wiz', 'what a ripper' and 'g'day' are other alternatives.

PS. Where is Peo? He aint responding to my pm's!

Originally posted by Majin
What do you mean a load of BS? You look at a asian or wog the wrong way you'll get --- whopped.

you look at anyone the wrong way and you'll get whooped. their race has got nothing to do with it.

Back