• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My computer is dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damoose

Every so often when i start up it says theres an error in the registry. it repairs it etc. but every time it does it stops some files from working. my cable modem doesnt and work and all hell brakes loose. help. LOL

Originally posted by Damoose
i already formatted. just. i used the CD i got with the computer.

You mean you used a third-party program to format your computer? :eek:

Originally posted by Daniel
You mean you used a third-party program to format your computer? :eek:
Well, sometimes you don't exactly have a choice...

Let's say you get a Compaq, and you want to format the drive. You're pretty much forced to use their "Quick Restore" CD. Why? Because you don't get the OS on a disc...

I'm not positive, but I would think Dell/Gateway/Whoever would be the same.

Both Dell and IBM include quick restore CD's in their PC/laptop boxes, but they also include the original windows CD.

A small pc store near my house was shut down about 2/3 years ago, because they didnt include the windows cd and thay were suspected of piracy.

Until Mid-Last Year=

Hp = Hp
Compaq = Compaq

Since Mid-Last Year=

Hp = Compaq
Compaq = Hp

DCI was refereing to the 1st one I think.

Well both my Acer laptops and my sister's desktop doesn'; t have the xp cd. the system restore does the job.

it seems to be going fine now. No more registry problems as of yet. also, yes my computer is a hp and the disk came with that 'hp recovery disk'. anyways, im having a few problems. when i login to hotmail i get a blank screen? any suggestions?

when i login to hotmail i get a blank screen? any suggestions?

when i first got an account i had the same problem.
After a lot of "failed" attempts (using up about a few weeks of my spare time) i finally managed to view my accounts in IE.

To solve this problem i had to set it up the account in outlook express to get my mail. You could try the same (if you know how as i had to get a mate to do it).

However once a message is in trash you can't remove it, you have to let microsoft empty the deleted items folder.

Mullin

My brand-new HP 733a doesnt have a cd, product recovery partition... you can order a one time cd if you want... plus, i dont have to activate xp home!, didnt come up wen i first booted up, and the first time i restored either... also not in the start menu... arhhh...... one less hassle :)...
by the way my fairly old IBM had a product recovery cd, not the orginal, they dont come with a new pc...

Originally posted by Daniel
Argh, just as bad. :mad:

Dude, I swear, get XP or 2k...you'll be glad you did.
Like everyone has the money to go and buy a new OS? And there is NOTHING wrong with ME, just because you don't like it, don't knock it.

I have heard alot of bad things with XP too. to be honest i only like the look of it. I am having no problems with my puter now. Thanx everyone for helping. I only get registry problems when i restart, so i dont, also, i just press ctrl + alt + delete and close them when they do pop up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back