• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My favorite firewall is f*cough*'d up!

What firewall do u use?

• The McAfee one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Norton one

• Tiny Personal Firewall :p

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • ZoneAlarm (Normal and Pro)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Good ol' AtGaurd (recomended by hackers world wide)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other (tell us!)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don't have a firewall. (I like being hacked!)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Firewall?? My house isn't on fire.. is it?

• Flames Scare me!

• Total voters

sp0radic

Tiny Personal Firewall, the firewall I was using decided to roll over on it's back and piss me off. I had to uninstall it and now I got *cough* zonealarm *cough*.

:(

(The attached image is what the error look like)

It happened after installing WinGate. The error pops up every often even when wingate is disabled.

I'm runn'n Win2K Pro.

Attachments

• error.gif
    error.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 15
zonealarm ive had it since it came out.

a firewall wont prevent hackage. a good preventative measure is burning your computer.

Originally posted by Coolin
Tiny Personal Firewall owns!

And I don't use Wingate, so I never face that problem ;)

I know it owns. :(

I'm only use'n Wingate so I share the internet with my dad's comp (the one that everyone esle uses). It's only got Win98 (not SE) on it.

Hm, only Windows software to choose from?

I use ipchains on Linux. Haven't tried iptables yet. Used to use ipfilter on FreeBSD. Never used a Windows firewall before though (I'm not sure I trust Windows for such a job)...

Never had a problem where I'd scream out the title of this thread though. I did once have an issue where I couldn't get SSL working on a server. After hours of banging head on desk, I realized I hadn't opened up port 443 on the firewall...

If you're on dial-up then there isn't really a need, but it still wouldn't hurt. If your on broadband, you should definately have one.

Back