• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My site, need some opinions!

I spent so much time writing that I had to login again.
well I'm gona make things short .
when I got to your site and close the yellow box an error pops up and closes all my IE windows. I don't think the colors match and I don't like it even if it matched. I sugest u change the colors. the hit counter isn't aligned with all the other tables. You should make the tables on the left and right smaller so you can have a bigger place for the contents ( middle tyables). I hate to have to scroll down becuz the page is so long. take out the "Last reply post" and shorten the messages displayed in the "shoutbox" so the page can be shorter. I just listed the negatives to make your site better becuz I believe that is the best way to make it better. If you change it tell me and I'll check it out. The site looks interesting and I have no idea what kind it it. I'm guessing its a personal site.

Last reply post is staying... I use it all the time. Yea, the shoutbox should be smaller... I admit that.

The hit counter... It's wacky, some days, its HUGE, and other days, it is small.. Something happened today, and the hit counter got moved up, I should move it down again.

I LOVE the template color, except for that light green stuff... I will change it later.

About the error... What you using? IE 6?

www.creativemindslms.tk

- It's a white page with a bunch of ugly text and graphics down the middle? Oh, and an ugly nav set-up at the top; better not forget that. :p Everything is all over the place!

cmlms.3kd.net

- Looks to much like a standard template. I don't like the dancing logo, the whole page looks cluttered and there's far too much "going on" - Yak.

Originally posted by creativeminds

About the error... What you using? IE 6?
yea IE 6 with 1024x768 and ur disclaimer says it was tested with d same thing?:rolleyes: I don't think so!!:p

It was tested. Trust me. And plus, I have forums for my website, and people can go and report bugs there. I think it's just your computer.

The scroll bar on the right doesn't "go" with anything, you need some sort of a background, the navbar is kind of clunky looking and is a bit buggy (moving my cursor a little bit sometimes closes the drop down). The yellow box worked for me, the hit counter needs to go or be replaced.
*whew*
Other than that...

If you knew about Lego, the navbar DOES go with it. The original color for Lego is red. So I made my scrollbar red. The navbar is bugged out... Not sure why, but I am redesigining my site, and it will look better :D

The index page loads upto 250KB and i don't see why. Even the logo is ugly. Everything is ugly:angry2:

Im anxious to see this new design. Take some things into consideration when designing it. Unless your background is red, take off that scrollbar. Your reason for having it that color doesn't rank above having style. Remove that 'whats new' popup and never use it again. Change your font and format it to fit around your layout. Do not center it on the page in some hap-hazard way. The nav-bar will work, but put a decent, page-length banner above it. Remove that java-scroll-updates thing. Its just empty space.

Get some content to put on the main page.

This is seriously for the better.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing... I don't really like that popup thing either, and I got bored one day, and just wanted to put that scroller on. The font is bad, yes, but I wasn't gonna go through 30+ pages and edit the HTML of EVERY page.

My new site will be in a portal, along with my forums. I like that idea, that way, I can control the WHOLE thing over the admin panel! :)

Thank you :D Now, all I need is a host to hotlink 27 MB of pictures... :p

I don't want to take up all of MY space that I need for the people I host. My site right now, just the forum and website in development takes up about.... 2-5 MB of space. All of my stuff is stored in the MySQL database, and that thing is about 3-5 MB.

Back