• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My-Webhost.info down?

mennoj1

Hello,

I have an hosting account at My-Webhost.info and it is already down for a few days. I read somewhere that it's being DDOS'ed.

Are there any updates on this and will it ever come back?

whoever owns My-Webhost.info get ahold of me, i believe i can assist you with your ddos problem. Although they can't be completely stopped they can be mitigated. If you require assistance contact me via pm.

I offered my assistance, i told him that i could attempt to mitigate it for him and i would monitor his vps for 24 hours for him but i would not do it for free i would only charge him 10-15 dollars and that i would work on it first and he can submit payment after he is satisfied and he left my live chat as soon as i stated that, so evidently he either don't care or he accidentally close chat out. I will see if he comes back.

If you accidentally closed out of chat, i am still waiting on you to come back. I also have sent you an email.

If you want a backup of your account, I have them stored on another server so I can get you that.

I believe he runs the email server on the same box, so any email sent will likely be lost.
I use google apps and have 3 name servers, although 2 are down due to the attack.

Last edited:
If you want a backup of your account, I have them stored on another server so I can get you that.

I use google apps and have 3 name servers, although 2 are down due to the attack.

You realize that with google apps you will never receive abuse email through abuse@domain.com, correct? This is a very bad thing for a web host.

He's using Limestone Networks. I wonder why so many hosts around here are being DDoS'd here lately? Don't these datacenters offer some kind of DDoS protection anymore, or is everybody just going with the cheapest option they can find?

I think this is the answer, deeplist.

Limestone is not cheap. We used to have our entire operation based out of Limestone. Ultimately we decided to switch over to colocation after we started paying around $5k a month at Limestone.

Last edited:
Limestone is not cheap.

That would make sense... especially since I have been seeing their ads saturating google adsense for the last month or so. They have to offset the cost of all this advertising somehow. Maybe they need to invest in some better routing equipment instead?

Back