• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Myacen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter

Ok, I'm thinking of siging up with MyAcen.

However, I'd like to hear some more opinions:

• How is their uptime (general webserver)?
  • How is their mysql uptime? (my site runs entirely on MySQL ... )
  • Have there been "disappearing bandwidth" issues? (at my current host, my site used a few time +- 7 gigs of bandwidth in 1 night where it usually only uses 5 gigs a month...)

So, post ahead and give me your opinion :)

cheers

Dieter

Why not join their forums and get the answers from those who tried and use the services? :classic2:

Myacen = Bad

To low prices..
If you want high quaility webhosting, go with somebody who has high pricings.. If you can't afford it, but can afford the internet then.. then.. I dont know..

Could you explain why you consider them to be bad? "Because they are cheap" isn't really an answer...

no not a joke
fact is if you go with webhosts with such low prices

then they might close due to lack of profit, I regret saying that.. Myacen is a good company from what I can see..

I would recommend them, but not on my personal experince..

I agree with SuzukiRacer24.

Myacen's plans are sold without any profit ( except ecommerce and platium plan). But, I think no one will sign up these two plans.

So, Myacen's cannot make profit without any risk. They can only make little profit with very high risk.

SuzukiRacer is Alex Kelm. Why would you listen to him? He scammed Myacen. I know this for a fact, as I've dealt with him on IRC.

Hi Alex,

Scamming rfhost now? You will never learn, don't worry I will keep track of you and report you to every host you ever use!

based on my calculation,

cost to rent a server from rackshack.net for one year:
299 + 99 *12 = 1487 which included 300 GB of transfer per month

So, cost per GB per month to myacen = 1487/ 300 = 4.96

price for 5GB transfer a month per year( 60GB a year) = 24.78
price for 10GB transfer per year( 120GB a year) = 49.56.....

you can see that myacen make no profit for the first four plans if they oversell their bandwidth. That mean they are taking risk.

If they assume each users use only 60% of their allowed bandwidth. That means, they can sell 40 more beginner plans.
So, their yearly earning will be:
24.95 * 40 = 998 for each server. + 299 for second year

If each users use only 40% of bandwidth, they can sell 90 more.
So, they will earn:
24.95 * 90 = 2245.5 for each server. + 299 for second year

Also, receiving payments by Credit card costs about 2-3%+30 per transaction. And Tax....

Now they have 2 servers and 4 staff( I think). So, they can't make too many profit....
Sorry, if I offence anyone.

[edit] all transfer is calculate in month.

Last edited:
Originally posted by 1q1q1q
based on my calculation,

cost to rent a server from rackshack.net for one year:
299 + 99 *12 = 1487 which included 300 Gb of transfer

So, cost per Gb to myacen = 1487/ 300 = 4.96
they only get 300GB of transfer per year?

So, cost per Gb to myacen = 1487/ 300 = 4.96
Not quite, they get 300 GB per month so that is 1487/3600 = 0.41

They are paying around 41&cent per GB, so they can make a decent profit even with their low prices.

Sorry, I have made a mistake in the unit. But, it make no different in my calculation.

** I will edit my post to make it clear.

But, it make no different in my calculation.
There seems to be quite a bit of a difference between 41&cent and $5 if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back