• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mydomain.com question

deziqn girl

I'm new here and I'm just wondering what the nameserver information is for mydomain.com. I just registered a domain and I'm in the process of waiting but in the meantime I have noticed in previous posts here that someone had said that the nameserver info changed? Is the following the correct info:

NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM 208.184.130.51
NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM 208.184.130.52
NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM 208.184.130.53
NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM 208.184.130.55

if the following isn't correct can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. =\
-chelle-

They changed again?

Is it just me, or are nameservers 2-4 different than they were say a week ago? I just put several .com.kg's to work with the old servers. Do I have to change them all now?

ughh.. ok well after reading a variety of posts on this subject I thought that the nameservers ip's had changed. I also registered a *.com.kg name. I just changed it according to what that link said. Hopefully, it will work now? Thanks for information. -chelle-

It's great for me to be using Go Daddy because you don't need to put in the IP address of the name servers. :)

Well this has become more of a hassle then what I thought.. I went to update the IP's and now I can't even log into domain account because it says my password is invalid??? Oh and besides that under the WHOIS database it states my Personal ID is not known. Everything was fine just a little bit ago??? I don't understand. Kinda frustrating. Any clues on what happenend because I know my password is correct.

If you check with nslookup there is a difference to the help-site.

I quote this from the last mail from mydomain re a kg-domain:

Your domains are now configured on our system and you may provide your
regional registry with:

Our Primary Domain Name Server:
Name: NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM
Network Address: 216.34.13.236

Our Secondary Domain Name Servers:
Name: NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM
Network Address: 64.75.34.132

Name: NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM
Network Address: 64.75.34.140

Name: NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM
Network Address: 64.75.34.134

Our Primary Domain Name Server MUST be listed as the first server for
your domains. We strongly suggest that you use all our Secondary Servers

These are the same servers, which my nslookup query mentions:

Authoritative answers can be found from:
NS2.MYDOMAIN.COM internet address = 64.75.34.132
NS3.MYDOMAIN.COM internet address = 64.75.34.140
NS4.MYDOMAIN.COM internet address = 64.75.34.134
NS1.MYDOMAIN.COM internet address = 216.34.13.236

But I don't know, it you must correct the ip-adress at the registrar, when the name of the dns-server is correct.

I switched the ns1-4 to match what was said mydomain.com/help/regional on my new registered domain. Although, I've gotten no response about the original domain i registered and the password/PID mix-up. Does anyone know the email address in which I can send to *com.kg person regarding this matter? How long did it take your *com.kg domains to become active? Sorry, I know these questions have been asked a million times in this forum. =\
-chelle-

Well, try emailing siber@email.kg . That is the email of the guy with the copyright message at the bottom of the http://www.domain.kg page.

Mine took about a month to become active. I think they have improved in speed since then though.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from
mydomain.com? I emailed them a few days ago after I signed up with them. I asked them to manually activate my *com.kg domain.. No reply back. I guess this is who I am waiting on? Am I right? All the information is right with the domain. Sorry guys but this is my first time actually setting things up. Thanks
-chelle-

Most times the support of mydomain is fast and excellent. If the domain worked already and didn't work for some reasons suddenly I waited 1-2 days for a response. If it is a new registered domain they probably wait with the answer till the domain works. As mentioned last time it took about 4 days. For another domain, which I registered last Friday I am waiting too.

Back