• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nameservers & .com.ru problem...

FrozenPea

Hi,

A couple of days ago i signed up for a .com.ru domain and am now receiving error messages on a 3hr basis as they said they would do.

Here is a copy of the error reported. I have signed up for ZoneEdit and did what i thought was right.

1. NS records list for FROZENPEA.COM.RU. provided in the domain template
is different from the one contained at ns1.zoneedit.com.(207.228.252.101)

ns1.zoneedit.com. - 'ns1.zoneedit.com. ns2.zoneedit.com. ns3.zoneedit.com. ns5.zoneedit.com.'
domain template - 'ns1.zoneedit.com. ns2.zoneedit.com.'

2. NS records list for FROZENPEA.COM.RU. provided in the domain template
is different from the one contained at ns2.zoneedit.com.(209.81.71.60)

ns2.zoneedit.com. - 'ns1.zoneedit.com. ns2.zoneedit.com. ns3.zoneedit.com. ns5.zoneedit.com.'
domain template - 'ns1.zoneedit.com. ns2.zoneedit.com.'

Was wondering whether anyone else has come accross this problem, or whether anyone could tell me what i have done wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah i saw that, and thought that i'd try starting another thread cus no-one replied to urs 8)

Maybe i should just buy mine....i've already got it free from domainzero, but that'll expire in a couple of months

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
people will probley be *******s and not reply like they did with me, oh well, i got a paid domain so i dont need a com ru

There's a big difference between 'being an *******' and not knowing the answer to your question.

No even I, grand master of the FWS boards, knew the answer to your question ;).

In my expierence with .com.ru domains (only 3, but that's alright), I would recieve those errors until the DNS was setup properly, in one instance, I recall, it was because the email listed as the contact email in the record was not valid (centralinfo.net set the email as hostmaster@domain.com.ru instead of my actual address), and as soon as that was resolved, the check passed.

Also, are the nameservers you are using what they ask for? The ask for them to be xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and xxx.xxx.xxy.xxx, the third set needs to be different in the two IP numbers.

I guess I didn't actually read the post thoroughly, it looks as though the IP numbers are in the 'proper form' (according to RIPN), not really sure how to help you... sorry.

Ok, well does anyone know how to cancel it so i stop getting those emails every 3hrs for the rest of my life? or will it evetally time out?

it will eventually timeout but also you can block the sender for a day then unblock them

Just as a matter of interest, how did everyone else get their's working?

Has anyone been successful with ZoneEdit? or did u all use CentralInfo.net (before they stopped)?

I also tried sending an 'Update' mail to change the nameservers to two on Portland (where my site is hosted), but of course there is the error of subnets being the same etc..

Back