• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a quality host

buildingmaster

I need a quality host for a gaming web site. My old host kept switching domains and having downtime. The site uses phpnuke, so I need at least the following:

Subdomain
250 MB space
1 GB Bandwidth
CPanel
FTP
Php
Email (that allows sending mail to other domains and sending scripts)
Mailing lists, forwarders
3 MySQL databases (with phpmyadmin acces)
Back-ups
98% uptime

NO adds, no forum posts required, no links...

I am probably going to have to have some of the php settings modified for my site, since my staff uploads larger files than the normal setting.

Could you offer more details about the site please? Just noting that it is a gaming site running phpnuke doesn't tell me enough.

It provides uploads/downloads for The Sims/The Sims 2/Sim City 4. I have 7 Gmail invites that I would give, but I thought the whole point of free was to not receive and not give. I would go to a pay plan, but my parents won't let me use my credit card online. Since I am a minor, I can't really get anything on my own online with their permission. In a year, I plan to have my own domain with a paid plan.

I would definatly host your site. I used to very active in the Sims community, who knows I might even already know your site. Pm me.

If I could, I would move up to a paid plan.

Why give for FREE and expect something in return? Kinda selfish to give something away for FREE and always expect something in return. If you want something in return, don't offer.

Why don't I want ads?

I believe my members deserve better, and darn it I will fight for them. I don't even use shortcut URL's because of the tracking cookies and pop-ups.

Why don't I want to make forum posts?

I don't believe it is right to spend time trying to ensure hosting for your site when you could be working on your site.

First of all, the old saying is true, nothing is this world is free. I guess maybe they should change the name of this forum to "Barter Hosting" which is what it is. Hosts PAY for the space and bandwidth, they ask you to place ads in your site to attract more customers, or if its a google banner ( like I request) they do it to make something back from the space they have provided you FREE!

buildingmaster said:
Why don't I want ads?

I believe my members deserve better, and darn it I will fight for them. I don't even use shortcut URL's because of the tracking cookies and pop-ups.

If your so dedicated to your customers, BUY A HOSTING PLAN!

I know I may have to go to ads, but I am going to try my best to get adless first, then move my standards down. Last time I checked, that is how negotiating worked.

captureroftyme said:
If your so dedicated to your customers, BUY A HOSTING PLAN!

I am a minor. Geesh! I have posted it before. I am not able to use my credit card online at this time.

buildingmaster said:
I know I may have to go to ads, but I am going to try my best to get adless first, then move my standards down. Last time I checked, that is how negotiating worked.

I am a minor. Geesh! I have posted it before. I am not able to use my credit card online at this time.

Grow up kid !!!
Free hosting is just a business, and as in any business, have to be some profit. Nothing is "free" on this world.

And by the way... if you don't wanna pay online, I am sure that there are lot of companies that take phone orders, checks and etc.

Hi buildingmaster

I can host you, but I will require site-wide text ad links. No pop-ups or banners .. just plain text footer links ... hardly noticable.

If you want sample websites to see what th etext links look like .. pm me

Even text links are agreeable? Show some respect for the host that sponsers you. They deserve credit themselves because without free hosts, you wouldn't be able to gripe about ads like you are now. Best of luck trying to find one, and let me know if they stay in business longer then six months. :)

We have free hosting 500MB space 5GB Bandwidth with PHP & MySQL, require only small text link or 1 referal of paid customer to us, read my signature for more information.

I think my 2nd option will suit your needs, you can go with option 1 and place small text link and if you get a paid customer to us then you can remove your text link and have totally ad-free, I think that's fair.

Back