• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a webhost with at least 2GB or more space & fast mysql restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

scylla

Right now I'm looking to transfer my vbulletin site (yes it is registered and licensed) from my hostgator plan which expires in feb 2013.

I would go with x10hosting but right now, it is only allowing mysqldumper to run 2 times per minute and restoring 500-800 entries per go. I have not the money to upgrade to a better plan of theirs nor do any other form of paid hosting at the moment. I have about 3.4 million database records to restore using mysqldumper.

As for the site, it has only used 11.7 GB bandwith this month and is very light on cpu & memory usage (0.1 almost all of the time). Lately it's been averaging 1100 unique visits per day and within the past 5 years has almost reached 1 million unique visits (853,821 at this moment).

As for the site size, right now it is using about 500 MB of disk space & about 780 MB of mysql space. If you would like to enquire about my vbulletin.com or vbulletin.org profile please feel free to do so.

This looks like a nice easy request. I can definitely do this.

Seraphim DoubleFree
2 Domain or Subdomain services
2 MySQL Database
10GB/month bandwidth
1000MB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP, CGI, Perl
Two Banner Ads
Starting at: $0/month (Two Banner Ads)

What I will do for yours is override the default settings to be 2GB of space and 20GB per month of bandwidth, same ad requirements since you have the traffic statistics to go with it.

Not certain how well my server will do uploading your SQL, although if you can get a raw .sql dump of the database I can probably import that much faster than doing it through a PHP script. Can you do a CPanel backup? That would be the fastest way, since I can pull that right in. My CPanel server is almost completely empty as well, so it should respond very quickly.

Just let me know after you sign up. These days there is so much spam signing up that I only accept signups from people who message me about it.

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to mention that I already have my own adsense ads on my site. Also, I had a look at your plans and have concerns for my site when it eventually goes beyond 3GB of files (avatars, images etc). In the mean time, I'll see how x10 does even though it's forcing mysqldumper to take forever (1168 Minutes 40 Seconds, 2515 Page refreshs, 352 notices). Anyways a raw sql file would be a bit too large instead I have mysqldumper gzip it, which trims it down to about 120MB gzipped.

Also no, I as far as I know can't get a cpanel backup from hostgators hatchling plan.

Depends on how active your site is. When I have a client that has outgrown their plan, if they are seeing regular activity and are in good standing I usually will uprate the size of the plan to allow it to grow. All depends on how it is being used, but it sounds like your site would have no trouble at all meeting that requirement.

Although if it already has adsense, it should be generating enough revenue from that to go with a paid plan from someone. Just it probably goes for months on end between payouts, my own adsense just paid out for the first time after 3 years of accumulating traffic.

Yeah the thing about adsense right now though for me, is that it makes only $10-$16 a month and right now, I'm a long ways off from reaching $100 *at about $35 accumulated atm. If not for the banner adverts, I probably would have taken you up on your offer though.

Sorry to bump this one up but Seraphim? I tried to search for their site but came up empty. They they renamed onto something else or did they completely close out?
1.gif

Sorry about the bump, this thread is ancient after all. But I am indeed still around.

Just at the present time I don't have a lot of capacity left and am only taking on minimal risk clients like game communities and discussion groups.

Quite simply the market shifted since I got started, and I find myself unable to remain competitive against most of what is out there. I'm working on a solution to this, and a plan to just about relaunch myself with a new line of services and an improved look, but these things take time to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back