• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need BETA testers for new web app

Johnson

i love c&y
NLC
Hey there, I'm looking for beta testers to test out a web app I'm making. This is the second site totally coded by myself.

http://bit.ly/jy1RIV go ahead and register and try stuff out. It's an online game where you earn real life achievement points for your accomplishments. It's probably 85% finished, so some stuff is broken or just weird. I'm looking for any feedback on design, usability, UI, etc.

PROTIP: The site automatically shrinks very nicely on smartphones (iPhone, Androids), so it's already a mobile web app.

Thanks!

Honestly don't see much appeal in sites like these. Especially the kinds like Foursquare/FB Places... but... it seems like a cool idea with potential. Unlike FS/FB style ideas, I think people would actually like to know if you completed things (and even for yourself) because you could (even as a feature?) talk with others in groups/threads [not just comments]. I would have suggested a achievement suggestion with vote, but you already have that :p. Only problem is you'd have to create some sort of directory for the site when it grows. Reason why I think this site has potential is because it encourages people, what do people gain from knowing you were at Starbucks two hours ago with your friend David ordering a large mocha with cream. I see people who constantly check-in to places as thinking they're worth knowing about, and that others should want to know their location. This concept is different.

Only thing I would say about the design, it does need revamping, for what it is, it works. About achievements, really needs to be picky on what is submitted (and their points, you will get those who care about points and ranks, rather than content). Eating less than 300 calories in a single day for example, with 30 points, whereas eat less than 1000 calories is 10 points - both equally unhealthy and dangerous, but could be seen as encouraging to those with eating disorders or not. Just got to be careful for your sake.

Not sure if you've seen the bug in timing, but says I've been a member for 14 hours, when it's more like 10 minutes :lol:

Honestly don't see much appeal in sites like these. Especially the kinds like Foursquare/FB Places... but... it seems like a cool idea with potential. Unlike FS/FB style ideas, I think people would actually like to know if you completed things (and even for yourself) because you could (even as a feature?) talk with others in groups/threads [not just comments]. I would have suggested a achievement suggestion with vote, but you already have that . Only problem is you'd have to create some sort of directory for the site when it grows. Reason why I think this site has potential is because it encourages people, what do people gain from knowing you were at Starbucks two hours ago with your friend David ordering a large mocha with cream. I see people who constantly check-in to places as thinking they're worth knowing about, and that others should want to know their location. This concept is different.

Only thing I would say about the design, it does need revamping, for what it is, it works. About achievements, really needs to be picky on what is submitted (and their points, you will get those who care about points and ranks, rather than content). Eating less than 300 calories in a single day for example, with 30 points, whereas eat less than 1000 calories is 10 points - both equally unhealthy and dangerous, but could be seen as encouraging to those with eating disorders or not. Just got to be careful for your sake.

Not sure if you've seen the bug in timing, but says I've been a member for 14 hours, when it's more like 10 minutes

Thanks for your in-depth feedback. Yeah, there are little bugs like that all over, I'm working on them. Would you have any specific design changes you would make? Good point on the liability thing.

Theme wise, I'd just make it more brandable and clean. Since it's a simple idea, it should have a simple theme to follow. I do like the coloured buttons though, you should keep them in the theme. With the achievements to, I'd do them with icons, not just text. I found this randomly: http://www.evilrouters.net/achievement-unlocked/ I thought it was funny and you should add a few for a sort of "humor" section.

Back