• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Dedicated Server

myextrahelp

Hi,

A school district contacted me and asked me to run a Moodle system for them (an educational content management system). I believe I would need a dedicated server, as I know Moodle uses resources. The district has told me they would need the following Moodle requirement:

A minimum of 3900 active student accounts
200 Moodle courses annually
10 GB of storage on remote server
100 GB per month bandwidth transfer
Daily back-up to separate physical hard drive
Weekly back-up to remote location

I need a reputable host, with fantastic uptime, that has been in existence for awhile. I would like cpanel and Fantastico.

Could you please recommend such a host? Again, I am looking for professional hosting.

Thank you!

If you are going to post recommendations to this thread make sure you follow the rules. Do not recommend a host that is reselling under you. And please only recommend those hosts you have been hosted by. Specify how long you've been hosted by them and what domain you had hosted there. Please read our rules for further instructions.

OK, just to start the ball rolling, we will recommend utcrazy.

When we were very very very very small, we were hosted with them and outgrew them 6 months later.

Very reliable and very professional.

leyther said:
No you're not reading carefully

Code:
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.delerox.com.

Ah, I see. Then ask Peo, he posted the URL, not me :p

Only because you failed to do so in your recommendation of delerox.

OP, just visit yahoo.com, type: dedicated server provider reviews & theres your answer :).

Do you only need a server or somebody who knows moodle and does the moodle work (setup, admin...) too? It is quite complex...

myextrahelp said:
Hi,

A school district contacted me and asked me to run a Moodle system for them (an educational content management system). I believe I would need a dedicated server, as I know Moodle uses resources. The district has told me they would need the following Moodle requirement:

A minimum of 3900 active student accounts
200 Moodle courses annually
10 GB of storage on remote server
100 GB per month bandwidth transfer
Daily back-up to separate physical hard drive
Weekly back-up to remote location

I need a reputable host, with fantastic uptime, that has been in existence for awhile. I would like cpanel and Fantastico.

Could you please recommend such a host? Again, I am looking for professional hosting.

Thank you!

I don't know if you read the rules, but I'll make it easy for you. If you don't have any recommendation to offer this thread starter, don't post. Include how long and when you were hosted, plus the domain you had hosted by them.

I've already deleted a lot of posts from this thread. If this abuse is continued you can look forward to some warnings and bans. Thanks.

Thanks to all who responded. In answer to some of the questions:

I have not found a provider yet.

If the host has Fantastico, installation is just a button push away. This is also true of any upgrades. That is why I am looking for a host with Fantastico and cpanel....easy for me to maintain.

I am able to modify and act as admin for Moodle. I actually run a few Moodle sites now (on a smaller scale, so I haven't needed dedicated hosting).

Yes, I posted here so that I can get some feedback from people who have actually used a specific dedicated host. It is very easy for me to do a Google search (I already have), but I wanted to hear from people who have experienced, first hand, working with a specific host. I want to know about a host's support record, uptime, etc. I have always found this site to be extremely helpful and informative.

myextrahelp said:
Thanks to all who responded. In answer to some of the questions:

I have not found a provider yet.

If the host has Fantastico, installation is just a button push away. This is also true of any upgrades. That is why I am looking for a host with Fantastico and cpanel....easy for me to maintain.

I am able to modify and act as admin for Moodle. I actually run a few Moodle sites now (on a smaller scale, so I haven't needed dedicated hosting).

Yes, I posted here so that I can get some feedback from people who have actually used a specific dedicated host. It is very easy for me to do a Google search (I already have), but I wanted to hear from people who have experienced, first hand, working with a specific host. I want to know about a host's support record, uptime, etc. I have always found this site to be extremely helpful and informative.

The problem is that *MOST* people on FWS are kids hence how can they afford $100-200 etc etc for a server, I think your best bet is to head over to WHT where you would get a better answer to your question. (webhostingtalk[dot]com)

;) I can afford one, I just aint ready for one. Personally I have used an Iweb.ca dedicated server when I first took over a company, since my friend had it. My staff that worked with the server said it was very well built. I didn't experience any down times with them in the two months that I had them. Only reason i no longer have them is because it was more than I needed, and I was starting to loose money paying for it and I had to pay my staff aswell.

I recommend RTG. I have several reseller and dedicated server accounts with them. If there's a problem with the server, they fix it immediately. Their dedicated servers have a wide range of OS installs and connections so i can always get what I need. Uptime is wonderful, and none of my dedicated servers have fallen below 99.9% uptime. They have phone and chat support. They have staff in different timezones so i can always get a hold of someone. I have been with them 8 months and no problems yet. Their free Cpanel + fantastico options or the free Plesk is nice too. You can check them out at www.rtgasia.net

Last edited:
Back