• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need free host to store images

mrpaul

I am using paid hosting and the bandwidth usage for images on my gaming site is on a dramatic rise. I don't want to pay more $ just for that so I am looking for a free host to store the images.
The images themselves are very small (less than 10kb each) but they get a massive amount of hits. What's the best free host to keep them on that is fast and won't delete them?

Try using xoom.com I use them to store a total of 300mb of zip files (all legal) they won't delete them. unless you don't have a index page.. But sometime the server goes down ever 2-5 a month.

But they won't delete your files tho... so use them..

Thanks but.....

Okay, but speed is an important issue here as well. Does Xoom load images faster that Geocities?

Originally posted by Chicken
Maybe you just need a paid account that offers you more transfer?

I think he doesn't want to do that. Maybe he should look on ebay at some of the auction pages. Those people use certain image hosting places. Maybe he can use one of those...

Originally posted by Johnny
Try using xoom.com I use them to store a total of 300mb of zip files (all legal) they won't delete them. unless you don't have a index page.. But sometime the server goes down ever 2-5 a month.

But they won't delete your files tho... so use them..

Xoom might be good for .zip files, but if you try to embed an image stored on Xoom in a non-Xoom page, then you will get a default image from Xoom which displays their logo.

Geocities!

Geocities are pretty reliable and fast. They host so many sites that they won't check up on their users so you can store your images there (storing images are in violation of their TOS, but you didn't hear it from me).

Back