• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Linux Colocation - disaster relief project - long term/scalable solution

college-student

Hey there,

am looking for a custom solution, it's along the lines of a long term international disaster relief & emergency/crisis response operation. Looking for two types of pricing deals, one for a test bed/backup server and another for a production server:

Production Server:

-1U machine
-superuser (root) access on real server
-100gb-200gb bandwidth per month allocation
-have remote restart capability if necessary for crashes
-Box should be debian sarge linux
-Atleast 5GB RAM, ideally 8GB Ram,
-BSD
-Co-location facility
-Live time hosting (3-live)

Test Bed/Backup Server: (these are just intial specs, likely scale up)

- Debian Sarge Linux box
- Approx 4GB RAM
- 40-100GB Bandwidth per month allocation
- 512GB Hard Drive
- 2CPU (Xeon/Opteron is ideal) (minimum 3GHz)
- Watchdog Timer with networked power and independent 4-port hub.

Feel free to drop me an IM or email (iblog[dot]ange[at]gmail.com) me with details of pricing, network infrastructure and data center facilities, we're very interested in colocation within the EMEA region as well.

And just wondering if anyone is using the Amazon EC2 hosting tech, what's the experience been like? from a tech user's pespective and an end-user as well.

Thanks!

Dunno from where will he get such service. You might want to check softlayered.com for such solutions.

softlayer.....not softlayered does not do colocation. Have a chat with Karl from steadfast.net they do both colocation and dedicated and are great to work with

softlayer.....not softlayered does not do colocation. Have a chat with Karl from steadfast.net they do both colocation and dedicated and are great to work with
Thanks. LOL. Actually, its stuck in my browsers history in the address bar. So I just hit "soft.." and it comes up!

Back