• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need to put the Heat Sink Back On!

I think "thermal paste" should have been the term used instead of heatsink "glue", lol!

I'm sorry to hear about your dead system, bad luck :(

If I were you i'd grab an extra gig of ram for that computer you're buying. With vista, your memory usage will be about 40-50% constantly. I've seen a good performance jump running with 2gb.

Thats very nice....
Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
CPU Main Features 64 bit Dual Core Processor
Memory 1GB DDR2

I wonder what type of ddr2 memory it supports and how can I check? I'd like to add a gig to it by the way.....Vista is kind of slow though.

Vista runs perfectly fine on my PC, 2GB Ram. Faster than XP was on my old system, dare I say it. Though if I put XP on this it'd probably be superfast.

You really need at least 2GB for Vista. I had 1GB for a while and it just wasn't enough.

You should be able to check online for the type of ram the computer uses... its probably in the spec sheet of the computer though. If not... I think crucial's website has a memory finder. Or check google for "memory finder" maybe. :eek3:

I'm so tired.

It usually is, but if its a computer you've built yourself, you can always check the manual the motherboard came with. :)

I've got about 50 manuals lying around my house from the parts I've bought, lol.

hahaha - thermal paste does not glue your processor to your heatsink..... you have to apply about the size of a LED to the back of the heatsink where the processor touches the heatsink and reatach the fan with the provided mounts/clips.

hahaha - thermal paste does not glue your processor to your heatsink..... you have to apply about the size of a LED to the back of the heatsink where the processor touches the heatsink and reatach the fan with the provided mounts/clips.

I believe we have already established that ;)

Back