• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need VPS/Reseller That Allows Shell Access For Cast-Control

scousehosting

Hi

I am looking for a vps/reseller that allows shell access for castcontrol BUT needs to be on a good server with alest 512mb or it will crash out the cPanel and FTP becouse i have done it before and need the following

100MB Disk Space
Loads Of Bandwith as is streaming at no more then 64kbps per person
PHP 4/5
FTP
2 mySQL (1 for castcontrol and 1 for foums)
Linux Or Windows Server (Installed)
Looking at £10/Mouthly by PayPal

Cast-Control website is http://www.cast-control.net and theres a Cast-control Pro / Trial if you wonna try it on your server :)

I am more then happy to team up selling shoutcast :)

Francis

Last edited:
Beware providers,

WHM doesn't monitor bandwidth generated by SHOUTcast streams, so if you give him a reseller account with shell access for this matters you can get all your BW eaten up for free

Hello Francis,

Based on the reason you are seeking this, which is SHOUTcast, I would suggest you get a VPS and not a reseller on a shared server.
Here is what we at CompleteVPS can offer you:

+++ CompleteVPS Starter
+ Diskspace: 25 GB
+ Bandwidth: 300 GB
+ Guaranteed RAM: 256 MB
+ Burstable RAM: 512 MB
+ Dedicated IP(s): 2
+ Guaranteed CPU: 400 MHz
+ Burstable CPU: 3.9 GHz
+ rDNS Control: Yes
+ HyperVM Control: Yes
Monthly Fee: $24.95
24/7 Dedicated Support
More Information

cPanel - $10.00 Extra Per Month.

Beware providers,

WHM doesn't monitor bandwidth generated by SHOUTcast streams, so if you give him a reseller account with shell access for this matters you can get all your BW eaten up for free

If you give him his own IP, you can monitor it through bandmin though.... but as said, WHM will not monitor it, and wont be able to suspend if it goes over (since WHM doesnt know about the shoutcast bandwidth).

Hello,
I can offer you the following VPS:

Package Awk256-scsi
CPU Units 13275
RAM 256MB burstable to 512MB
Bandwidth 125.00GB
HDD 4.5GB
IPs 2
Monthly $ 16.00
[ORDER]

(After ordering the package, submit a ticket with this post url and you'll receive the 2nd month free)

1GB transfer will not fit for streaming music, that will be able to handle 1 or 2 clients..

You will want to get either an large scale vps (need a high load of memory and cpu to insure your shoutcast streams without buffers) as well as a large number of transfer (100GB at minimum, recommended a whole 1TB).

This will insure everythings okay, 10 pounds a month though will not fit for a decent budget.. You should be considering 25-150/month depending on what kind of service you were looking to use.

Also insure if you are not fimilar with linux shoutcast setup to get a windows server were its easier however this would increase your costs.

Your budget seems about right as opposed to what was said above. 10 lbs is about $20 and there are many hosts who can offer you quality hosting for that price or even lower. Remember though, you pay for what you get.

Back