• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Netfirms CGI

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
Seeing as I didn't bother to remember my password and I just have it saved on my FTP, I cannot login to netfirms via my browser, so therefore i have no idea where to find the absolute path to CGI. Does anybody know it?

Perl 5 Location
#!/usr/bin/perl

Sendmail Location
/usr/lib/sendmail

CGI Url
http://domain.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/file.cgi

Your full or absolute root path is:
$ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'}

Remember to use double quotes around the path.
The full path to your www directory would be:
"$ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'}/www"
The full path to your cgi-bin directory would be:
"$ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'}/cgi-bin"

You can also find your document root by running the printenv program in your cgi-bin directory. Type: domain.netfirms.com/cgi/printenv on any web browser. It will display the absolute path and other variables needed for cgi scripts.

That was taken from the support forums... what you were looking for?

Also, why not ask them for your password?

You can make a perl script to check it!!

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "$0\n";

Upload and CHMOD 0755
The output should show the path to the script

hmm?
DOes it work?

Copy the code below and save it as mySCRIPT.pl or mySCRIPT.cgi
and CHMOD 0755 and run it, it should gives you the path!! :)

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "$0";

That is the path to your site, and others will be different, and someone might use that against you, so I would remove that.

I have free acounts on netfirms. I use Ultra Edit to create my perl file and directly save as to netfirms cgi-bin directory. But when I try to open it, i get 500 error. I only the same way on hypermart and the other erver but i can't get any problem. Should i write it with WordPad?

Originally posted by ghobro
I have free acounts on netfirms. I use Ultra Edit to create my perl file and directly save as to netfirms cgi-bin directory. But when I try to open it, i get 500 error. I only the same way on hypermart and the other erver but i can't get any problem. Should i write it with WordPad?
is there a cgi-bin or what?

Back