• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

netfirms

That's not really a hack, just a little template coding...

Probably because hosts aren't paying to advertise for a category, just one forum in the categroy.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I'd just like to point out that this is freewebspace.net :p

Maybe Peo wanted to FWS to be even more popular (and therefore cost him more money) so he adopted the ways of SitePoint (which is much more popular than FWS). :p

However, I agree. The ad is annoying, and it should be removed. I bet the users at SitePoint hate those ads too. ;)

The ads on Sitepoint is much larger than here. I saw one ad being 143x184 + text. Here we only allow 125x125 + text. WHT also have larger ads than we do. And we currently only have ads in the Paid Hosting forum and the Free Webspace forum.

isolized, our sponsors wish to sponsor specific forums and not categories.

Originally posted by biggulp
hopefully peo doesn't resort to banner ads :(
He has had some already :) You mean you didn't notice??? :p

I don't see the big deal, how many sites do you guys frequent these days that don't have advertising of some kind? Helps to offset the running costs of big sites and this is a big site.

Originally posted by Jan

He has had some already :) You mean you didn't notice??? :p

I don't see the big deal, how many sites do you guys frequent these days that don't have advertising of some kind? Helps to offset the running costs of big sites and this is a big site.

I mean the forums. because i don't go to the main page.

Back