• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Netscape Navigator

AdamJ

When's 1999?
NLC
Hi Guys!

So far I'm onto my 3rd day of using the Netscape Navigator (formally Netscape Browser). This is version 9.0.0.5 (using Mozilla Firefox basically, but faster).

I'll admit its way more powerful, but I just ain't 'addicted' to the design etc. Can anyone recommend a browser or something better (not IE7 or Opera :p ) to try.

Also, can anyone possibly advise some good add-ons which could help me based around security/safety & music (Firefox add-ons). I've looked at alot and bit confused, could do with opinions.

Phew a bit of a task, Navigator was my choice years ago, and you have a month of support left!

I love Opera, like Firefox, need IE. Safari not bad but clunky outside a mac.

As for add-ons you must choose one browser first then stick with it :) even if it sucks but does what you need.

I'll admit I am in love with the Netscape Navigator, it seems nice and fast, and showing its the exact same as Firefox, but faster and more stable, in my opinion

Colin, I'm on about the Speed Dial mostly, that is the worse EVER thing created!

TSO, it kept screwing up on Vista :(

Colin, I'm on about the Speed Dial mostly, that is the worse EVER thing created!

TSO, it kept screwing up on Vista :(

You can turn off speed dial, type about:config (or go into tools > preferneces probably)

My recommendations are:
1. Firefox
2. Safari
3. Konqueror (Which is not under Windows)

It seems you have tried the best of the best and dislike them. Have you tried skinning and adding in add-ons to suit your needs better?

Serverorigin, you on a spam-fest?!

I'm about to try that Maxthon, looks a good little browser. Keagle, you bloody show off! Can we have him banned for that?! :)

Spam fest? Because I replied to a topic? This is what you do on forums. I'm sorry you weren't notified earlier! Why don't you spend your time worrying about yourself and not everyone else?

Back