• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

'Network cable unplugged' error sometimes on startup?

trenzterra

NLC
Sometimes this error occurs to me. My network cable is plugged in all fine.

What could be causing this problem?

Is it my modem?

It is normal don't worry Nothing is instant it just takes a second to recognize your Modem. Most modems (at least mine) have OS2 installed and that has to start up too.

Its a network card...not a modem.

Trenz: Try removing the drivers and reinstalling them or take the card out of the PCI slot and re-insert it.

if i ever could take out the network card out of the pci slot..

i reinstalled it still have problems.

i waited for around 5 minutes but still can't work?

i had to off the modem, re plug it into the lan port, then switch on the mode.

is this a modem problem? because the lights on the modem aren't that strong anymore.

This guy had the same problem at a lan party.. the computer knew there was another computer on the other end but the network card wasent in properly so it thought it was d/ced
if i ever could take out the network card out of the pci slot..
???

Nup its a NIC (network interface controller). Do you use your laptop on a network regually?

Originally posted by Phyxisus
Nup its a NIC (network interface controller). Do you use your laptop on a network regually?
I don't use a network.

My DSL modem uses the ethernet adapter.

I use it everyday.

i use the rj45 or something.

one end of the cable goes to my modem, the other end connects to the PC.

What operating system are you running?

Some nic cards don't "boot" up when the system starts up, therefore causing that message.

I would assume your running Windows XP.

yes XP

And I didn't buy the modem from my ISP.

It seems that every alternate time the modem light is dimmer and the LINK led don't light up? It also happens if I don't on the computer before turning on the modem.

Back