• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Authority Sites Backlink Method

Bossbuild

Hi Guys/Girls,

I'm sure most of you saw my thread on 'how to get backlinks from .gov and .edu' sites, and i have recently found a new method of gaining these with a better chance of the link remaining.

It is terribly difficult to have your link approved onto a blog from an authority site, so i've taken a new approach of getting links from sites that allow a public profile page, which are mainly forums.

To find these sites use the follow commands...
site:.edu inurl:forum/profile
site:.edu inurl:forum/profile.php
site:.edu inurl:forum/index.php?action=profile;
site:.edu inurl:forum/profile.aspx

site:.gov inurl:forum/profile
site:.gov inurl:forum/profile.php
site:.gov inurl:forum/index.php?action=profile;
site:.gov inurl:forum/profile.aspx

This way you can place links that could get indexed by google, Hope it helps.

Or if you're a student, and you have access to personal webspace that the school often provides free of charge, couldn't you just make some pages on their .edu domain and link them to yours?

Last edited:
Of if you're a student, and you have access to personal webspace that the school often provides free of charge, couldn't you just make some pages on their .edu domain and link them to yours?

Yes, that works, as well. But how many of us are perpetual uni students? And the downside is that, most of the time, those sites are closed when the student graduates or leaves. A good idea, but I guess it's not as permanent of a solution as the one Bossbuild shared.

Very intersting. I have a site online at my school from 6 years ago that I created for a project in one of my blow-off classes. Maybe I should upload some new content and link it to my site instead.

Just in case you're wondering, here's the link: http://www.students.ipfw.edu/~deckce01/

Actually, if you want to drop me a dollar or two, I'll create a page and link to you. :D

Last edited:
Hells freakin yeah! Send me a PM with your PayPal address and the amount you want.

Your PR is 0 even on .edu subdomain. Traffic is 0.

Neither matters. What matters is that Google gives great weight to backlinks from .edu domains. Once the new page is indexed by Google, it will give more weight to the links contained on it than a backlink from any other domain would ever be given.

Also, a note on PageRank: for years, it's bothered me that people are confusing the "Toolbar PageRank" (1/10, 2/10, 3/10, etc) with the actual PageRank. The actual PageRank is used internally within Google and is not something known to the public. The Toolbar PageRank is a general summation of the internal PageRank, though its lack of accuracy has been noted by a number of SEO experts. Further, Google plans to move away from the use of PageRank over the next couple of years as their exclusive license of the technology from Stanford Uni runs out.

They have a team working on that. And as I said before, his page only contain links, which is obvious he is selling links. Even if you do a simple search on google about that page, you will find this topic where it states clearly it is a paid link.

They have a team working on that. And as I said before, his page only contain links, which is obvious he is selling links. Even if you do a simple search on google about that page, you will find this topic where it states clearly it is a paid link.

They have a team working on technology for it, but they don't actually have a team that scours the Web looking for offenders. Trust me, I've done SEO for over six years now.

Back