• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

new host

BluntBoy

Host name: The Sector31 Network

Host URL: www.s31net.com

Banner Ads?: Yes, 468x60 user placeable

Features: ASP, SSI, CGI, Perl, PHP, FrontPage extensions, MySQL, Unlimited storage, 50GB of bandwidth a month, email accounts, FTP access & more

Originally posted by BluntBoy
Host name: The Sector31 Network

Host URL: www.s31net.com

Banner Ads?: Yes, 468x60 user placeable

Features: ASP, SSI, CGI, Perl, PHP, FrontPage extensions, MySQL, Unlimited storage, 50GB of bandwidth a month, email accounts, FTP access & more

sounds to be too good...

Originally posted by cheatpark
What happens if the users don't put the ads on their sites?

they'll probably delete your site as with any host who you try to cheat.

i signed up. hope they accept my site. peace

... SCAM no one can offer that FREE also it looks like they are using a warez/un-licenced vBulletin as it doesn't have 'Powered by vBulletin'

Originally posted by roly
Also its game host for gaming sites only.

they say they'll accept other sites as well. hopefully they'll accept my site.

Originally posted by roly
... SCAM no one can offer that FREE also it looks like they are using a warez/un-licenced vBulletin as it doesn't have 'Powered by vBulletin'

many other host have offered the same services before. it's just they offered no ads, which made their income = 0. if a host has banners and has a significant amount of income then they should last a while. also they pick which sites get accepted and which dont, which makes warez sites hard to get accepted. peace

Originally posted by zoobie
Accept your site? ROTFLMAO

Wasn't that a bit nasty? :eek:

Anyway, their site looks pretty good. Did anyone get accepted yet... And any idea of the speed and stuff?

It's kind of a nuisance to have to put the code on all your pages... What if you move host? You've got to remove it from every...single..page. :cry2:

Originally posted by +chips

It's kind of a nuisance to have to put the code on all your pages... What if you move host? You've got to remove it from every...single..page. :cry2:

Yes, they should do like what Mektek did when they offered free hosting - let you place the banner in its own frame and have it refresh every 60 seconds.

hehe

I'll be applying to that today... and to your question about adding the ad code on every page... it would be a heck of alot easier if you learn to use ssi for any site you make. I'll only be editting one file to add the banner code on every page thanks to ssi.

oh god if these guys accept me it will be f***ing great. this remind me of my old host ztnet.com which only host gaming/emulation sites. It seems like they both have the same type of goals and ideas in running a host and same type of service. ztnet.com kicked me out within the week for a php error removing their ad banner in one of my sites hehe so if you guys get accepted to any of these 2 don't even attempt to cheat them. user placeable ads are good anyway

I got accepted, I got a reply askin for the username, password, and address I wanted to use, now I gotta wait for it all to be set up.

Back