• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Hosting Game!

nerocities

I am going to unvail the NeroCities Hosting game shortly.

What is it?

You are a pretend host, you make decisons based on what you think are good servers, price per month, and suffer possible loss to lightning strike and other uncommon but occuring instances. Try to obtain as many customers (goal is to Profit!) of the 100,000 person pool that the game generates. People will move from and to new hosts, just like in real life. You start with 5,000 USD and the winning person last time we opened the game made 200,000 USD. The winner gets $100 or free adless hosting for a year.

Place your email under this post if you want in, only accepting 100 people for the spot.

Instead of putting my email here and getting spammed, how about you just click the "@" in my sig or the email icon under my post?

yes

Hosts can play, everyone is allowed. It makes it more fun.

(I played last time and took second with 168,000$) The funny thing is, the gentleman that won does not even have a website, he just set up a spectacular host that the program ive created took a liking to.

Re: yes

ok !! I want too :)
Can you tell us what you can do with the game?
E.g you get a certain amount and then you spend it to buy servers, adverticing etc?
How does the GUI looks like? (made in Flash would be good :D )

Also, does the game have some kind of AI, is it strictly based on static predefined attributes or is it more dynamic. Or things just happen randomly?

For example static would be that if you have your servers at the datacenter X your servers will be down from 0.1% to 1% except in the case of disaster.
A more dynamic would be that if nobody else in the virtual word decides to have there servers at datacenter X then X starts having economical problems that affect their service.

Last edited:
here is how it works..

Here is how it works:

It is Flash based.

The AI is very comprehensive. It decides whom to join based on price, the hosts layout- friendly responses (or not so), response time, and several other factors. Depending on the type of Server you choose (25 different types) you have a lesser or greater chance of experiencing server crashes.

That sum it up good?

Back