• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

new in perl

jonsof

I am completely new to perl. Could you tell me where could i start learning perl?

Thanks in advance

Programming Perl 3rd is the best book from what i have heard so far. Assumes that you have a little knoledge of Perl, otherwise Learning Perl is more suitable. Am i right?

Not wanting to come over as a cheapass, but has anyone got any other web links for Perl ?

I am completely new, and it seems I have to learn, because there just aren't the scripts that I need, nor people who know how to do it.

I am looking for very basics right to advanced. I simply don't have the cash to fork out on books, even though I know they're more likely to be more useful.

Thanks a bunch.

check out cgi.resourceindex.com (i think its .com) and do a search under tutorial it will find lots of stuff for you. its how I learned
:D

Back