• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New iPod question: nano doesn't update ID3 info automatically?

notnamed

/fws/
NLC
I just got a new 1GB iPod nano, upgrading from a shuffle. I transferred a bunch of music on it and was fiddling around with it when I realised I have a lot of blank or random number genres. I started editing the genres in iTunes in the nano itself, but this took far too long, so I went through and updated all the genres in my Library. But now, the nano isn't pulling that ID3 information from the library. With the shuffle, every time I plugged it in it would grab any updated information - genre, last played date, times played, that sort of thing. The nano doesn't seem to be doing that. Am I missing something?

The shuffle wouldn't have displayed this, so how could you tell? *Seeing as the shuffle has no screen*

That is correct. All of the information that the shuffle automatically updated (which was anything in the ID3 tag) is entirely useless, while I just deleted and re-added all of the music that I changed manually. Thanks, Apple! :D

Back