• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Phone...

Keagle

NLC
NLC
Alright, so my contract runs out in Febuary.:eek3:

I've been debating getting this "Clicky (HTC TyTN II), or an unlocked iPhone from a wholesaler for £250.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these phones, or can recommend another one? I like the iPhone, but will buying an unlocked one cause it to be "bricked"? Do I have to pay for updates? And what exactly is jailbroken, I know it's where you've unlocked it to 3rd party software, but is that it?

Smartphone wise, I like it. If I get the Max data allowance from T-Mobile, I can have Skype too, and unlimited internet, fair use up to 10gb. I'm already with T-Mobile so I might be able to get a good deal.

Thanks guys,
Kurt :beer:

only reason i dont recommend the unlocked iPhone is i have heard of problems when apple releases updates, it messes up the phone. just what i have heard though, no proof myself.

the HTC TyTN II is a great phone however. i have the T-Mobile wing, as you know, which is the US version of that phone.

I don't understand how you, 15/16 years old (or whatever you are these days), could need a £250 business phone :p

I have a k800i, cost me £39 delivered + £5 to unlock. Very nice phone indeed.

Already have a k800i. 'Tis a bit scruffy and has quite a few bugs, like the screen turning off during the middle of a message or going through the menus. I'm 14 Colin ;). And hm, true. Are you talking about the TyTN II here or the iPhone? ;)

Hmm, so lots of good words for the TyTN II at the moment but none for the iPhone. Thanks for the link Pearls :)

Well at least your phone isn't on it's 3rd week in repairs. I'd most likely get the iPhone. Easily.

Already have a k800i. 'Tis a bit scruffy and has quite a few bugs, like the screen turning off during the middle of a message or going through the menus. I'm 14 Colin ;). And hm, true. Are you talking about the TyTN II here or the iPhone? ;)

Hmm, so lots of good words for the TyTN II at the moment but none for the iPhone. Thanks for the link Pearls :)

I was talking about the TyTN II

If I *had* to spend £250 on a phone i'd deffo get the iPhone.. but I wouldn't spend £250 on a phone.

Well at least your phone isn't on it's 3rd week in repairs. I'd most likely get the iPhone. Easily.

Haha. Ouch! Which phones that? Hmm okies.

I was talking about the TyTN II

If I *had* to spend £250 on a phone i'd deffo get the iPhone.. but I wouldn't spend £250 on a phone.

I would ;) But is it worth getting it on the o2 contract, though it be ridiculously overpriced?

Colin is a terrorist, and his opinion doesnt matter ;)

I lol'ed.

until tmobile gets an iPhone, i wont mess with a cracked one. just me though. i just dont think it is worth it possibly becoming a brick.

Ah :) Fair enough.

Justin - T-Mobile isn't going to get the iPhone until at least 18mo's after o2 I don't think, as that's the contract length. So your looking at mid-2009. I am not waiting that long ;)

Why are the O2 plans with the iPhone so goddamn expensive? I mean, you're paying for the phone itself anyway surely you should be able to choose any o2 plan as if it were for any other phone... as far as I'm aware it doesn't cost o2 any more to be used on the iPhone (unless there's something im missing like video calls)

by the time 09 rolls around and the iphone is on tmobile too, there will be a new better one, adn that is what i will get
:p

I have a Titan 1, [6800] and love the phone. One of the best phones I have ever had.

Back