• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

No Buffering Video HTML Embed?

Jerome_42o

Hello,

I have a question, Not sure if this is possible But is there any way to embed a video onto your website and with one click of a button, Create the video to play instead of waiting for it to buffer.

I have a video that is 227 MB, And right now it takes about 15 - 20 min to buffer to play the whole video!

If anyone knows of any scripts, ... OR ANYTHING of that sort, Im willing to pay Just would like it so that when someone clicks the play button they only wait a few sec. not 15/20 min!

Thank you all,
- Jeremy

Can't imagine a solution to that, it depends very much on the users internet connection, not the script the file is being handed out with ....

But you know you have been to a website that shows like a 3 min trailer or a movie clip of some sort and You hit play and the movie starts within a matter of sec.

hmmmm - Theres gotta be somthing out there that can help me out!

whatever you're thinking of is likely to be either flash or a specialized codec, designed for a streaming server, not really the sort of thing that most servers have the capability of doing.

try recoding the video to a lower resolution, or into a flash movie.

not very, I can't think of anything right now that does it, if I remember I'll post, I reckon flash8 might be a good place to look, I had that for ages ....

It's down to the local machine, not the site.

What ever views it is the buffering agent. That's if it opens before download.

Get the vid (at that size) a download button.

jeez my videos are pretty much have that size at around 100MB.

I usually run a bit rate or 900-1000 Kbps.

It really depends on the local machine as well as their connections.

I can get my to plan after 1% download. But my out going to the user is capped at 2.0 Mbit Unmetered.

Yet it downloads those vids might quick.

You can always head to the site in my sig the sportbike one and see how it progrssive downloads for you.

Some sites I visit will start playing bits of a video whilst it is downloading, pretty jerky, but you get he general idea. If it isn't something you want to watch to the end, you can exit it out of it without the full download.

I don't think a script is the think you're looking for.

It's the server that you have to check out, the port speed, the line, location, ping, etc.

Flash isn't really streamable though, most formats will including AVI, WMV, MOV and RM depends on what plays them and the buffer settings.
For something around 200Mb REAL is probably the best bet.

The movie can be 200 M or 2G. the thing is bit-rate/speed of host and capacity of client.

I would recomend progressiv wmv download. it starts "imediatly" (5 secondons buffer), no matter the size. But If you have 1 Mbit conection and are trying to see an encoded 1Mbit video/audio, well, it will play, but of course it is very near your download capacitie so it will warm up and take a while to buffer.

This was just an example. I recomend wmv because it´s universal, easy to stream, but you can receive H.264 with VLC for now while wmplayer doesn´t stream it. Nice image, lower bit-rate needed to get very nice image.

If you really want almost imediate start you need a streaming server, windowns mms://, but that´s expensive as hell!.

Try this simple html code, it will do the job;

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
<div align="center">
<object width="CHOOSE YOUR SIZE (window size. better be the same of the video)" height="CHOOSE YOUR SIZE(window size. better be the same of the video)">
<embed src="PUT THE PATH OF YOUR VIDEO HERE" width="PUT THE CORRECT WIDTH OF YOUR VIDEO HERE" height="PUT THE CORRECT HEIGTH OF YOUR VIDEO HERE"></embed> </object>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Last edited:
Your not Bill in disguise are you :)

If it comes to that re-encode it cut the size and the frame rate 12 to 25 per second is okay for online. And still it needs to be targeted at the viewer, what do they have to watch it with?

Sorry P-S but it's still a make it for the viewer side stuff (and MS formats ain't that universal, and what is that code meant to do except open a window (cough browser)? Progressives are still under the control of the local machine & connection speed so your making some pretty high end suggestions there :eek2:

No Bill here, but a byte of his loose change would came handy:)

That code is the most basic thingh you can have to stream video, but it works.

and high end sugestions is somethingh like this; (have a 4M line ready for instant playback of an 720p HD streamble format...if the shared connection isn´t loaded... but it has always worked)

http://krydiam.sytes.net/streams/720p.wmx

Serving video doesn´t seem to me high end sugestions.

re-encode is fine, cuting it to pieces works too, but 200 M of video ain´t very
explanatory, what format was he talking about anyway?. It could be raw avi.

he must google for streameble formats I guess, and that window will work. (for wmv aka old asf) and then google for those convert everythingh to everythingh with a click. (some reading of aspect ratio should be done too)

if he want´s 1 click play button, it will implie having the final re-encoded video
stored in his site, with an asf/wmx standard file in the same site (or other) so
that the current WMplayer on the client side will open and starts playing it.

That is certanly the easyest best working "professional" looking result.

asf code is 5 lines long, if he is reading this anyway! :lol: if you´re reading just copy/paste this to a note pad an save it as wmx (so not to conflict with pc´s having winamp also, or it will ask to save the file only.)

<ASX Version = "3.0">
<entry>
<Ref href = "PUT THE PATH OF YOUR VIDEO HERE"
</entry>
</asx>

then just point/make a link from a nice playing botton to this file and your
video, if encoded in wmv, even if sliced to 12 or 15 frames/s will open the
wonderfull "universal" windows media player" or what ever player you/the client makes the OS open it. Almost all work. I love VLC, but...
windows make it open. Imediatly (5 seconds bufering by default)

make sure you add the mime types wmx and wmv to the control panel of your site. Some just don´t allow it. Get a free one here, they are all good.

when inserting mime types just write video/streaming and add the extension wmx. for video write video/Mplayer and add extension wmv.

Forget those ISO 9001 crap. it will work just as well.

you can stream H.264 (or those x.264 files also, but be carefull they´re not HD!) but only VLC streams it at the moment. get a x264 encoder/H.264,
if you´re really serious in to stream your movie. (to VLC clients)

The process is the same as above. nothingh changes exept it will be H.264/x.264 format, wich by the way beats the hell out of microsoft for the moment.

If we don´t consider high-bit rates with the new VC-1 codecs from Bill.:lol:

Last edited:
Have I lost it, or where is the Edit botton of the above post? it´s my post. I´m loged. anyone help? this HD was a joke.

welll....it works but...needs high-end streaming (expensive) servers. hell, where is the damn edit botton? :)

I can only edit this one. what´s going on? bug? well, I´ll put a
small video there, because speed is sometimes not enough for
the trailer.

Last edited:
I got it. quick replyes can´t be edited, well, I haven´t changed the 720p HD since day one and it will stay there so to prove that it will be more than possible in a near future to stream lots of them simultaniously. With 5.1 sound, or more, no problem on that.

I´m workinng on a way to present audio/video with the same features as Amazon does. In fact, it will be better, as they require you to wait. Of course I´ll need dedicated, but that´s for latter.

Big Distribuition studios WILL listen to you if you prove them you know your stuff. By the way, prices and complexity for the end user on these services are just ridiculous!. Have you tryed them?

I´m gathering a team and have read a lot about laws on copyrigth. These thinghs will be done seriously!. want to join?:)

There is more to be said and other services to mobiles and other portable devices. I´m patient. Big sharks, think about it;)

the HD stream is back on-line. I´m just wasting another comercial account. Now I got 3 months host and another year domain for completing another promotional offer, lol. Nice!. But I guess they are overselling.

:p 1 terabyte bandwith monthly, just for this HD clip.

I still have a free sub-domain here that is performing better than comercial. Sure It had it´s issiues, but we seemed to have trusted each other I guess...I´m not a bit sorry.

and if it stays that way I will surely negotiate big with them very soon.

Last edited:
Well, This is just to prove streaming can be made big and simple these days, isn´t it? the problem? shared hosts are hating me, for sure!. Oh, come on, it´s just a 34 mega clip. no stress on the server(s). And it´s not on my loved sub-domain I have found here!.

Really, the thing is, BIG media is nice, although it requires some resources. This is not a ring tone or a streaming to 3G trailer or movie.

And when I jump to direct TV streaming, well, bye bye shared!

I´m planing on trying the top, 1080p. But I guess it wont stream on shared. Don´t worry, it will be just a small clip hosted on "comercial", lol. I must waste my monthly terabyte on these tests.

For now I give you another clip (38 M) with 5.1 sound. It´s Windows media format. Still no big suport for streaming the xvid or h.264 codec. (though H.264 will stream on VLC nicely)

Http://krydiam.sytes.net/streams/720p_5.1.wmx

Last edited:
There's no point for you to stream in 1080p
720p already fills the whole computer screen. You'd just be wasting precious bandwidth ;)

Back