• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

No-frills Webhost

Jon

Hello, I am looking for a simple no-frills well-known webhost with around 3-5 MB space or more. How are MSN and Hometown AOL?

msn is alright but aol i dont like.. try f2s.com or saxen.net :) f2s.com is uk based though so it might be a little slow,, well alot on their ftp at certain times but not really :)
well just use f2s.com they are good they offeR:
php4
cgi
perl 5
MySQL ( on request )
20mb

Originally posted by Jon
Hello, I am looking for a simple no-frills well-known webhost with around 3-5 MB space or more. How are MSN and Hometown AOL?

No-frills well-known webhosts: Geocities and Tripod. I've had sites up on Geocities for the past 4 years, pleased to the most extent.

yes they are also good, they dont delete your account because there is to many people :)
there real big..

Thanks guys, but what I mean are services that only offer webspace and not much more, such as counters, guestbooks, etc.

Jon

Your ISP

Sometimes your ISP gives you some web space, they could be more stable then most free web hosts

Tripod is alright.. but if you want to download a file you have there you cannot link it from any other site it will go to a tripod.com site and you have to then click on another link to download the file :( but FreeServers is really good but as far as I know they offer not ftp.. which i think would choose liquid2k.com they really are good, but dont offer browser upload.. if your looking for the all around site that WONT delete your accoutn use geocites.. i mean for godsakes i had a site on there about 4 years ago called Prince Alex's web site HEHE.. and its STILL THERE! i mean OMG!! lol

Originally posted by Alex
Tripod is alright.. but if you want to download a file you have there you cannot link it from any other site it will go to a tripod.com site and you have to then click on another link to download the file :(

This stops WaReZ people like Alex from storing files on their servers. This will also keep people from leaching your links. This is a good thing.

but FreeServers is really good but as far as I know they offer not ftp

They do offer FTP, and always have. Try to check this stuff out before you talk.

which i think would choose liquid2k.com they really are good, but dont offer browser upload..

Liquid2k is a solid host, and fairly reliable. Also has POP3 email.

if your looking for the all around site that WONT delete your accoutn use geocites.. i mean for godsakes i had a site on there about 4 years ago called Prince Alex's web site HEHE.. and its STILL THERE! i mean OMG!! lol

So what? Most hosts will leave your site as long as it is not illegal. I've seen pages on Tripod, AngelFire, and other older hosts that haven't been updated for two to four years.

In conclusion, I'd say Tripod because of their great speed, banners that don't screw up pages or are way to big.

.. i mean for godsakes i had a site on there about 4 years ago called Prince Alex's web site HEHE.. and its STILL THERE! i mean OMG!! lol

Yeah... you started building websites when you were 8? Right.

Back