• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

No more High School!!!!!

Owen

Woohoo!!!! Your favorite(or probably least favorite) poster here has completed his last day of high school classes!(Still have awards day and graduation practice and day) That means no more stupid homework assignments. No more slaving the whole day to do some busy work. Most of all, it means I get to sleep late :D

It also means I will soon be moving into my own apartment in the city of the college I will be attending(Mississippi State University). Girls girls girl girls and even more girls, along with freedom(although I plan on staying clean throughout college):D. Although, I am sure they wont be excited to see me as I will to see them. :)

While there I plan on double majoring in software engineering and physics, while minoring in any combination of economics, political science, and christian studies(although not sure if my college offers much in christian studies in which case I will do summer school at a college near my home that does). Meanwhile, I will be an intern with a youth minister at a church nearby(I know many of you aren't christians, and I am not trying to evangelize you, but simply mention I am doing one of the things I have always wanted to do) and coaching soccer. I do plan on going to college for 5-6 years including many summers, so that is the only way I will get most of that stuff done.

Sorry for being a braggart there, but I am pumped that my life is finally progressing after being mostly dull and depressing most of the past 5-6 years. Return back to your original programming. :)

June 12, 2002 is the last day.

June 13, 2002 at 8:00PM i will no longer be an experiment of the United States Public School System.

I end school on the June 14th. But actually end much earlier than that. I actually end on the 11th because I got no exams on the 12 or 13. I got to get my report cards on the 14th, and stay at school for two hours for an assembly of some sort.

Since all you people end so early. When do you start?

My last day is June 26th. ARound there.

School started this year around the 2nd week of August. Don't ask me why Mississippi schools have a different overall time table than most schools.

"August 7th... but I get an extended Christmas vacation lasting from December 20th till February 7th. Hahaha. :D"

:whatthe: How the heck do you get a month and a half of from school for Christmas.... Must be an overseas American school thing(don't you go to a US funded school?).

Originally posted by Owen
:whatthe: How the heck do you get a month and a half of from school for Christmas.... Must be an overseas American school thing(don't you go to a US funded school?).

Well my school is funded by the outrageous tuition costs. Which in retrospect will cost more than my college costs... my college costs $6,000 - $7,000 since I am going to California and am a resident there. My school costs about $13k-$15,000 for me.

We meet the minimum of days a bit over according to most US standards (what was like 170 or more, I dunno). I lack most small single day holidays that american schools get, therefore get them added to my Christmas break, hehe. I like that better.

Owen you have got my respect back, you are now off my ignore list.

"Well my school is funded by the outrageous tuition costs. Which in retrospect will cost more than my college costs... my college costs $6,000 - $7,000 since I am going to California and am a resident there. My school costs about $13k-$15,000 for me.

We meet the minimum of days a bit over according to most US standards (what was like 170 or more, I dunno). I lack most small single day holidays that american schools get, therefore get them added to my Christmas break, hehe. I like that better."

Oh. I thought you went to some US school.... Oh well. But you spend more in one year for that school than I will spend on my college the next 4 years. :confused: However, that doesn't include most of the living expenses I will incur(such as insurance on my BMW which will probably eat me up, apartment, food, etc).

"Owen you have got my respect back, you are now off my ignore list."'

I never have had anything against you GC except for when you get really energized into something is when our attitudes will clash. I am sure you will find, that I am a likeable guy when you show respect for others. I do respect your intelligence, but sometimes your attitude does annoy me.... However, I have nothing against you.

I finished my semester already since x-mas. I'm now in my last year|(I'm taking a term off tho.) of college.

Originally posted by Owen
Oh. I thought you went to some US school.... Oh well.

Yeah, the school is American, but it has a few Argentinian Attributes.

The school website is: http://www.lincoln.edu.ar - They got a calender. (Sorry I start school on February 4th, not the 7th for my X-Mas vacation)

But you spend more in one year for that school than I will spend on my college the next 4 years. :confused:

I know. Actually the US gov is covering the costs, pardon my mistake. The US State Department is the only government agency making money because of visa (charges for travel documents) payments, so don't worry the cost of my school isn't covered by tax dollars anymore.

However, that doesn't include most of the living expenses I will incur(such as insurance on my BMW which will probably eat me up, apartment, food, etc).

Yeah I probably will second that. But the schools alone... my school costs more than what my college will cost me in the future.

I never have had anything against you GC except for when you get really energized into something is when our attitudes will clash. I am sure you will find, that I am a likeable guy when you show respect for others. I do respect your intelligence, but sometimes your attitude does annoy me.... However, I have nothing against you.

I have sometimes a male boyish attitude problem and hormone imbalances... like some teenagers my age. I try to control it.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
August 7th... but I get an extended Christmas vacation lasting from December 20th till February 7th. Hahaha. :D
that's NOTHING!!! :biggrin2:

August 27th to May 10th
Christmas vacation - 12/18 to 1/28

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

i get out of school on June 13th , only a half day of school :) i go back to school on Aug. 29

School ending just means I have to work full time :mad: Actually I'm glad high school is over, it's a never-ending soap opera. Pretty sad.

This year my school started Aug 18 and ends June 6 or 7. We only had 8 school days off for Christmas break, and exams were after break. Next year starts Aug 14 or 15, ends by June 1, have 2 wk Christmas break, exams before break, and it'll be my senior year. Plus I'm taking an easy course load. Mostly. :biggrin2:

I start September 7th and get off June 9th, but the last week of school is nothing but half days. Now that SOLs (Standards of Learning -aka- if you didn't pay attention, the Shit Outta Luck's) are over the rest of the year is just hanging around school. Since passing the SOLs gives you 7 points on your final grade no one really worries any more.

Originally posted by wm2k1

that's NOTHING!!! :biggrin2:

August 27th to May 10th
Christmas vacation - 12/18 to 1/28

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

You are lacking in school days... no offense, you probably are not getting the education you need to enter the real world.

We have 175 school days per year, not counting holidays and other days off.

I started back on Aug. 29 and get out June 14. The graduating class get's out May 31 this year though.

Only 2 more years...

Back