• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Offering email on my website?

Draconis

Is there a script (any language) that I could use to offer email on my website to my viewers? I've looked at services like everyone.net and bigmailbox.com but i've decided that I would much rather have it on my server. I would prefer it being free, but any and all names of scripts would be appreciated.

So far, I never never found a script like like this that is free (and I doubt a good one will come out) so heres afew of the paid ones..

AliasMail from SolutionScripts. - Powerful, useful and the new version with sql & multiple domains is due out any day now.

Gossemear Mail from Gossemear Threads - SQL backend, a few nice & unique features

There are a few more listed at hotscripts.com and cgi-resources.com but for the most part they are more simplistic scripts or are geared at letting users access pop3 accounts, not creating free mail.

Again, this script will do you little good as you will need to first secure sendmail/qmail which is a ahrd task in and of its self and then you would either have to write a program to make actual pop users or do them on signup. Pop mail is far mroe likely to be abused for spam and dos attacks and therefore is not something I would recommend.

However, if your willing to do the changes and have your own server (you'll need root for most of these scripts), it will do what you need.

Back