• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

On-selling my server... 300GB, Dual Core

Cam.

Pro
NLC
Hi Guys,

I have decided that I have to give up my dedicated server, Due to not being able to pay for it, And doing studies as well, Managing a server is just too time consuming.

I got this server on a great deal if I paid a setup price of $300, So I am very sad about giving it up.

Anyways, Specs:

Dedicated Server w/root Access
# Dual PIII 1.4 Ghz (2x 1.4GHZ = 2.8GHZ)
# 512MB SDRAM
# 300GB HDD
# 5TB Bandwidth
# 5 IP Addresses
# CentOS™ Linux
#APC Remote Reboot Port

Now, I have HyperVM installed on this, and a VPS with cPanel installed (No license though.)
You can either keep HyperVM on it, or I can wipe it. You can also keep the VPS installed that has cPanel on it (It is a brand new cPanel install, No files, Settings etc)
I will wipe all my private data off it and it can be ready within 24 hours.

Now the price:

$50 (Trying to recover some of the $300 that I paid in the first place)
Then only $47.45 per month!

I have never had any problems with this server, And they have great support. It will be fully transfered into your name and I will be out of the picture :)

So If you are interested, My email is reignofgold@gmail.com or just PM me here!

Last edited:
Whats port speed?
Formatting and installing cPanel/WHM + Fantastico w/ optional RVskin would cost how much?

Location?
Bandwidth Carrier?

Could be, but then again you don't invest in virtually "buying" a server without a (almost) flawless business plan and enough money to keep it running for a while even if you're not break-even.

I think you've been had, you could of built your own server for $300 & colocated the server for $40 bucks per month.

Anyway, goodluck with the sale.

FYI a dual processor PIII is not ever refered to as Dual Core.

The rest of the info is of interest as I might like it to play with (MOD's I'm being serious there)

FYI a dual processor PIII is not ever refered to as Dual Core.

And this doesn't make any sense either:

2x 1.4GHZ = 2.8GHZ

If you want to know how dual processor (or dual core for that matter) systems work, please refer to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric_multiprocessing

If someone told you that that server can be compared with a 2.8GHz Intel Pentium or Xeon server, then you were scammed. You might want to do some studying on how processors (and operating systems) work, and what the advantage of multiple CPU's/cores are. :) I recommend the following book:

http://codex.cs.yale.edu/avi/os-book/os7/

It'll give you a good understanding of operating systems (and topics such as SMP) which is almost necessary if you're working with servers. EDIT: Before you ask "Why a book about OS' if you're talking about multi processor servers" well simply because the operating system is what actually does the work on SMP systems (process scheduling) and you need to know how they do that in order to understand the concept of multiple processors.

Regards,
Josh

Last edited:
Lol, You guys all have good points, I just couldn't be bothered buying my own, And they own their own datacenter.

That server, you could purchase for $400 and own it (at most, I get in Intel P4 2.8s for $500).

This server is not worth $50/month, you can get a celeron 2.8ghz for $40 with direct admin and it has 1TB transfer etc etc.

Whats port speed?
Formatting and installing cPanel/WHM + Fantastico w/ optional RVskin would cost how much?

Location?
Bandwidth Carrier?

Formatting and Reinstalling cPanel comes free. But you would have to install fantastico + rvskin yourself, The port speed is 100MBS, Location is Fort Worth, TX.

Bandwidth carrier: covad.

That server, you could purchase for $400 and own it (at most, I get in Intel P4 2.8s for $500).

This server is not worth $50/month, you can get a celeron 2.8ghz for $40 with direct admin and it has 1TB transfer etc etc.

Wow, And where is that from :classic2:

Formatting and Reinstalling cPanel comes free. But you would have to install fantastico + rvskin yourself, The port speed is 100MBS, Location is Fort Worth, TX.

Bandwidth carrier: covad.

So OS reinstall free, but what you are saying is it now includes a cPanel license.

But who is the server provider, you've mentioned DC (owned apparently), bandwidth 'covad' - that don't get you points.

No, I will install cPanel, But you have to buy a license. I just put what I was told by the DC, If covad is bad, You don't have to buy.

Back