• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

One add per week rule?

One ad per category per week. If you offer free and paid hosting, you get to post 1 free hosting ad in Free hosting offers and 1 paid hosting ad in Paid hosting offers.

The problem comes when these companies post in the Paid Hosting Offers section, and then post generally the same thing in the Ads & Offers section. Peo already said he would look into those. I noticed quite a few that were removed, after being reported.

The problem comes when these companies post in the Paid Hosting Offers section, and then post generally the same thing in the Ads & Offers section. Peo already said he would look into those. I noticed quite a few that were removed, after being reported.

I have seen those too and reported some as well, but latelly FWS is kind of turning into a spam forum.
Members return only once a week to throw around their url and don't participate to the forums at all.

I have seen those too and reported some as well, but latelly FWS is kind of turning into a spam forum.
Members return only once a week to throw around their url and don't participate to the forums at all.

Well, the only means to make it an interesting place to communicate is to do it.
There still are people that do not come here just to buy or sell, or whatever need they have.

Well, the only means to make it an interesting place to communicate is to do it.
There still are people that do not come here just to buy or sell, or whatever need they have.

Duh, FWS has a Google Pagerank 5!
If Peo would make the out going links nofollew then FWS could become a PR 6, but then the advertisers would proberbly leave. Thats not really wanted either. Maybe the rules should be twisted around a bit, like for example 5 extra posts before you are allowed to place an ad again, the once a week rule should stay.

Now a days Google punishes forums with a lot of out going links, FWS has plenty of those.

Well i think everyone else here besides I and WSWD, since wer are here the most of all the hosts, should be allowed 1 post every 3 days, every body else sticks to the 7 day rule!

Well i think everyone else here besides I and WSWD, since wer are here the most of all the hosts, should be allowed 1 post every 3 days, every body else sticks to the 7 day rule!

Hehe, dream on buddy :D

Wait outgoing links in the offers section are dofollow?

Maybe I should advertise more often. I've only done it maybe twice a year at most.

Also, requiring a few posts between advertisments would probably be helpful for stimulating activity, although it would be very staff-intense since it is something not easily automated.

I don't need to post an offer every 3 days. Hell, I don't even post every 7 days. Usually about a month or more between offers. LOL! :lol:

I do think it's sad though that the majority of people on this forum do nothing more than post their ads. Might as well not have a forum at all, and just a page of classified ads. Heck, you could even pull their ads using RSS feeds and just autopost them, bypassing the need for them to login to the forum at all.

There are almost 100k members, 1200 active members, and you maybe see a dozen who actually post here regularly, and contribute in some kind of discussion...about 1/100th of a single percent of the members. Too bad really.

Back