• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Only in america.

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
A teenage girl has been suspended from school for drug-taking, and recommended for expulsion - because she was seen at school taking her birth-control pill.

[...]

In fact, later this month, The Supreme Court will be considering the case of a 13-year-old Arizona student, Savana Redding, who was strip-searched in 2003 by staff who suspected that she had brought Ibuprofen tablets to school. They found nothing.

[...]

If the girl involved, had been caught high on LSD, heroin or another illegal drug, she would have been suspended for five days. Taking her prescribed birth-control pill while at school meant she was subject to the same punishment as bringing in a gun.
http://timesonline.typepad.com/scho...-school-for-taking-her-birthcontrol-pill.html

:rolleyes:

Tylenol Kills!

Indeed, I understand they wanna do this War on Drugs thing, but come on.
Expelling kids cause they bring prescription medicine is just lame.

Our nurse at school gave you free pills if you had a headache or some other ----.
Down south she'd be prosecuted for drug possession and trafficking :lol:

yeah, it's back as.swords, but don't pull that "only in america" ----. this could happen anywhere there's government zealots.

yeah, it's back as.swords, but don't pull that "only in america" ----. this could happen anywhere there's government zealots.

I think the whole point of "Only in america" is... Only in america.

No. It would not happen anywhere else, because the people would not allow it. Lol. Most places, "the people" run the country. In america, its money that runs the country.

I think the whole point of "Only in america" is... Only in america.

No. It would not happen anywhere else, because the people would not allow it. Lol. Most places, "the people" run the country. In america, its money that runs the country.

Certainly doesn't happen in Australia ;)

ISP world over store emails for upto a few years incase they are needed by the police. The EU are just making it a law now.

Just like ISP's store all the information on sites you have visited and files you have downloaded world over.

Um, guys? Like, kids SHOULD have meds all over school?

The way prescription meds in public schools work is you give them to the school nurse and then go take them when you need to. It's not that hard. Break the rules, get punished. It doesn't matter that it was birth control, or tylenol - meds stay with the nurse, so that anyone with any meds is suspect.

ISP world over store emails for upto a few years incase they are needed by the police. The EU are just making it a law now.

Just like ISP's store all the information on sites you have visited and files you have downloaded world over.

i don't know about all ISP's, but i've read the eula of mine and it clearly states they do not track or store any internet traffic and i'm sure mine isn't the only isp in the entire country to do so. it's not law in the US, but it is in the EU. and you must agree with me on the ----ed-upness of cctv by not responding about it.

don't get me wrong, america is ----ty in many ways, but it just peeves me when people pull that "only in america" bull----.

k on with the thread

i don't know about all ISP's, but i've read the eula of mine and it clearly states they do not track or store any internet traffic and i'm sure mine isn't the only isp in the entire country to do so. it's not law in the US, but it is in the EU. and you must agree with me on the ----ed-upness of cctv by not responding about it.

don't get me wrong, america is ----ty in many ways, but it just peeves me when people pull that "only in america" bull----.

k on with the thread

Aww... Poor Ameribaby. Would you like a shrimp from my barbie? :biggrin2:

Not in Atlanta. It's the spoiled ----ing suburban white people ----ing ---- up.

I used to walk around school reeking of alcohol from getting drunk before first period, red eyes from smoking on the walk to school. Nothing ever happened.

Back