• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opinions of mydomain.com or similar services?

Kathy

Hi all,

I'm wondering if mydomain.com is reliable, ad free, fast,
and worth using.

I hate that it's so hard to find a free host for a domain.

But is my domain the best alternative?

Are there any other similar services? If not, why
not?

( This scares me, 'cause if there's only one it's soon
banner time or other problems, right? )

Kath

I tried 1 kg-domain with them, but it did not work for more than a week, so I switched back to mydomain, where they had to install the domain manually and after my email to mydomain it worked within a day. So maybe I had to write hn an email too to install it manually. But you know, weeks ago everyone thought there are problems with domain.kg and not with the domainhoster. And now I say, never change a running system and stay with mydomain.

I never found out, if hn supports metatags for cloaked urls, which mydomain supports, but zoneedit doesn't.

The strange thing was, some worked without any intervention at mydomain and some not, although registered at nearly the same time.

What about metatags with hn?

I checked the metags you get with zoneedit, if you cloak the url. Forget it, but zoneedit is fine with uncloaked urls. In the last month a little bit more reliable than mydomain.

If you use the domain for mail only, probably hn is not a good choice, because they check the visitors and cancel it, when they don't see traffic.

Originally posted by sparkfan12
how do you set up domain redirection on hn.org?

I forwarded it to wzr.net and did the redirection from there. You can also setup unlimited sub-domains from there.

Back