• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Our new site...

Originally posted by graham697
Could somebody please reply? I really would like some feedback.

Thanks
i would have replied sooner but i had to go take a whiz and watch some tv. sorry to keep you waiting so long like that...

what i'd do is use the best design for your site, to attract potential customers. i assume that is your purpose, is it not?

not the greatest i've seen, not the worst. not stuff i'd pay for... and many of the sites in your portfolio are simply "coming soon"-style splash pages.

Comments:

- Hmm...the images for the menu at the top take up more space (horizontally) than the actual text. It looks rather awkward.

- The blue bar looks ugly. It's too long in comparison to everything else.

- I would highly doubt that the average French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Spanish person would know these words: "French, Portuguiese, Italian, Japanese, Spanish." Try typing it in THEIR language? And Portuguese is spelled wrong anyway.

- I find this really ironic. On all the other language templates, you include an English comic. Yet on the English one, you don't include this Snoopy image. Anyway, it looks out of place. Also, on these pages in different languages, maybe you should try making the nav bar in those languages as well?

- The active link color looks way too light on the white background.

- Include snapshots in the portfolio index.

- Colors are kinda boring, and the gray text looks really bad with the blue colors.

- The graphics aren't very impressive. You could create the same thing in an online banner generator.

- Not enough images...the site is very boring. I would perhaps include screenshots or some of those "professional" images that are usually characteristic of web designing firms.

Overall: 74%

Last edited:
you guys really suck at reviewing
Basically you gave all negitive points yet gave him 84%
thats like saying sorry your test results are horrible but heres an A-

Lemme show you how its done:

Baiscally i like your start.
the top bar is good to start with but i find that the buttons look a little out of place. Try maybe using the same style lettering as u used in the image.

Second the pull down menu colors are not right. try using a white. or if you can make it more artistic so it matches the general layout.

The front page layout is very nice but I recommend moving the "hosting"section to another page. at my resolution it is half on the screen half off.

In general it is very nice. I would suggest on web design to have a few images of previous work, also I assume the portfolio will go somewhere.

All in all it is an excellent site, with a little touch ups it will look great.

Over all it earns a B grade.

There thats a review, try to be nice and be constructive not all these harsh negitive reviews, which are just as tiring as templated websites

Thanks

Last edited:
Conker, you getting really light in your ratings.

Here is mine:
- Unimpressive Navigation DHTML, the colors aren't matching with the page.
- Not very good graphics
- Lack of graphics overall
- Overall very uninspiring, and would not make users come back after one visit... try to make it more appealing.

Graphics/Style: 6.5 out of 10
Design/Layout: 7 out of 10

Overall: 6.7 out of 10 (67%)

Originally posted by spec
you guys really suck at reviewing
Basically you gave all negitive points yet gave him 84%
thats like saying sorry your test results are horrible but heres an A-

I didn't give him a high rating at all, and I am very strict on my system.

all i am saying is that your not a review panel of experienced web designers. Not everything needs to be fantastically new and artsy. Give people a brake.

Originally posted by spec
all i am saying is that your not a review panel of experienced web designers. Not everything needs to be fantastically new and artsy. Give people a brake.

Look: I don't sugarcoat anything, I have one standard and grade everyone on that standard. I am honest.

To tell you the truth I like your other front page layout better. all i think that needs changing is the Webhosting being on a new page

Giancarlo may be harsh but he knows his shit
same with keith even thugh we dont get along
but keith is a good web designer/programer

ya should take shit from keith & Giancarlo

also it was jus 2 plain pages it isnt impressive for web design

if your gonna make a web design company you want your customers to be attracted to your site

thats all i got to say

i dont give grades

I almost NEVER give positive comments. Simply because, nobody cares about what is good about their site. People ask for a review because they want to know what can be improved. I'll bet that if you ask them what's good about their website, they'll give you a million reasons; as human beings, we're arrogant that way. That's why I try to be as harsh as possible.

GC, I just thought about it. You're right. This site deserves a lower score. But I'm not going to go as far as you.

Couple points:

The links in your first site's nav bar leads to multiple 404 error page.

Your second site is simply a graphic - and what does an old woman have to do with anything - you want youthful people to project a positive feeling.

Your third site is a 404 error page.

This site only deserves about 40% in my reviewing system and thats why I'm not going to give it a propper review. The content is very low. I don't like the colours or the design in general. Its all basically under construction. What is there to review?

Back