• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

P2H Suck

DJboutit

All P2H suck most of us are not willing to post to get free hosting. Some P2H gone way to far to for the amount of posting need for hosting like 30 a month only gets you like 2gb space 10gb banwith for 30 a month you should be able to get 3gb to 7gb space & 25 to 40gb bandwith. I say now P2H 100 post gets you 10gb space 100gb bandwith not worth it at all if some is willing to use a P2H they are not willing to do more 30 or 40 post a moth sorry. If I were to go with a P2H I would never do more than 15 post a month

If I were to go with a P2H I would never do more than 15 post a month

I offered you 2GB of free space a while back (with no requirements on your end) and you turned down the offer to go with TechniHost, for some reason. Now you're back in search of free hosting somewhere else because he folded within the first few months. You have to look at it from our perspective. Where's the incentive for us to even offer free hosting in the first place? What do we get out of the deal? You're making yourself sound ungreatful sitting here complaining about something that you have nothing invested in besides a little bit of your time. Why don't you just skip one trip to Ronald McDonalds, throw down $2, and get some decent paid hosting instead of "host hopping" every time a free host goes down or disappears? Adding to that, you can stop going with the biggest and the "best" offer at the time because chances are, it's too good to be true, like what you just experienced with technihost.

Last edited:
To put it in an easy way>
Not everyone has a credit card. Some countries rules and regulations make it hard for people to get a credit card, prepaid of not.
So, whats the joy in skipping one trip to McDonalds (which is an US company BTW) if I cant get the money to the provider?

Mail it. Better yet, do a wire transfer. Western Union has offices all over the world. If you can't do a wire transfer, you're probably under age, or just too lazy.

And besides, that was directed towards Djboutit who is located in the United States.

Last edited:
And the best part is unless the posts are made to a site that is straight up loaded with ads to the point of being nearly unusable, those ads won't even come close to generating enough revenue off of the posts to pay for the resources they use- thus the inherent instability of P2H hosting.

You were hosted with me for some months before I had a major outage, if you had been patient with me I would have brought your site back up intact as promised and you wouldn't be searching for another host right now. Things go wrong- it can happen to anyone. But no host ever is going to be able to provide a perfectly reliable service, they are bound by the same limits of man and machine as everything else in the world. Just some people beat the odds better than others once you filter out those who disappear at the first sign of problems.

And the best part is unless the posts are made to a site that is straight up loaded with ads to the point of being nearly unusable, those ads won't even come close to generating enough revenue off of the posts to pay for the resources they use- thus the inherent instability of P2H hosting.
You were hosted with me for some months before I had a major outage, if you had been patient with me I would have brought your site back up intact as promised and you wouldn't be searching for another host right now. Things go wrong- it can happen to anyone. But no host ever is going to be able to provide a perfectly reliable service, they are bound by the same limits of man and machine as everything else in the world. Just some people beat the odds better than others once you filter out those who disappear at the first sign of problems.

I have to point that is not always the case, we were making well over £150 from adsense alone just on 4 locations on the forum, not overcrowded with ads, nor near unusable. We have now removed such ads due to other funding but it does go to show if you have enough traffic you can generate more than enough to cover costs.

Mail it. Better yet, do a wire transfer. Western Union has offices all over the world. If you can't do a wire transfer, you're probably under age, or just too lazy.

And besides, that was directed towards Djboutit who is located in the United States.

most people in free hosting are underage. See, the Internet won't become as it is if it wasn't for free hosting.

most people in free hosting are underage. See, the Internet won't become as it is if it wasn't for free hosting.

Go to the post office, put some money in an envelope and MAIL it. I accept payment by mail, I know others would too. Even at this point, 13% of my clients STILL prefer to mail their payment in to me in the form of: cash, money order, or check. And that's fine. Their money is just as green as somebody who uses paypal or credit card. As a matter of fact, I'd RATHER people pay in physical means as it means more profit for me because the paypal fees and CC processing fees do not exist. I get tired of hearing people say they NEED free hosting because they CAN'T pay for it. It's just an excuse.

Go to the post office, put some money in an envelope and MAIL it. I accept payment by mail, I know others would too. Even at this point, 13% of my clients STILL prefer to mail their payment in to me in the form of: cash, money order, or check. And that's fine. Their money is just as green as somebody who uses paypal or credit card. As a matter of fact, I'd RATHER people pay in physical means as it means more profit for me because the paypal fees and CC processing fees do not exist. I get tired of hearing people say they NEED free hosting because they CAN'T pay for it. It's just an excuse.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to deeplist again.

fail +rep

you go for free hosting, you have to expect the worst.
of course, some free host are good.
but since your get a hosting for free, when something bad happened, you should not blame anyone.

All P2H suck most of us are not willing to post to get free hosting. Some P2H gone way to far to for the amount of posting need for hosting like 30 a month only gets you like 2gb space 10gb banwith for 30 a month you should be able to get 3gb to 7gb space & 25 to 40gb bandwith. I say now P2H 100 post gets you 10gb space 100gb bandwith not worth it at all if some is willing to use a P2H they are not willing to do more 30 or 40 post a moth sorry. If I were to go with a P2H I would never do more than 15 post a month

If you are "not willing to post to get free hosting.",then pay for it or find some free.

I think post-to-host is actually a pretty brilliant idea. I, personally, don't like it and would never use it, but for those who have a need for it, I'm sure they are very happy. Very fair exchange.

1 post per month per GB transfer is a reasonable amount. You simply need to do research for your hosting before choosing.

To put it in an easy way>
Not everyone has a credit card. Some countries rules and regulations make it hard for people to get a credit card, prepaid of not.
So, whats the joy in skipping one trip to McDonalds (which is an US company BTW) if I cant get the money to the provider?

Ummm, you do realize Micky Ds is all over the world right?

Sorry to "up" this thread, but do you think 1GB of space and 10GB bandwidth for 10 posts per month is acceptable?

I personally think it is.. But it would be nice to see other peoples views :) I mean come on, your getting it for free... 20-30 minutes of your time per month for free hosting?

Don't think one post every 3 days is a lot to ask for hosting - unless your terminally boring and have bugger all to say :D

This does seem like a good idea, I have to admit though most sites don't use anywhere near 10GB of bandwidth.

Last edited:
In my experiance, even the people that "demand" 1+Gb of storage dont even use up 100mb... People just think they want more.

Back