• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Paypal Cheaters

Jovial

Hey All,
I really dont know where to post this
But just paypal ruined our lives
We had 800$ in our paypal
Xeonspace was nearing payment (it was yesterday) our dedicated servers were canceled due to no payment
Our acc was locked without mercy from last 2 weeks
They asked credit card number (We were using VCC), legal business details
we faxed them
But no reply
we threatened saying we will go for legal case
still no REPLY
so we are really going for legal case sice $800 = 25,000 INR
We cant just loose it
also can buyers CHARGE BACK TO GET THE MONEY?
So 2nd question can we go on legal case?
If so will we win
or will they make fake records and cheat (ok no more we trust them they just ruined our lives,business)
Also is moneybookers a good alternative anyone has such bitter experienced
-Thanks
-Royals
-The One Among Paypal Life Ruined Bunch Of Xeonspace Co-Founders

I dont think even a legal case will get you to far with paypal, they arent actual financial institution so alot of the laws that would normally govern banks, credit unions etc actually dont apply to them. If i understand correctly it seems that they have put a hold on your account for verification is this correct? Also did they close the account and just keep the money (seen it happen before) or is it still under "investigation"?

well acc is open
they didnt close
they asked for legal documents to be faxed, credit card details, phone no
all were given but no reply

Threatening paypal will absolutely not make them unfreeze your account.

Yes, buyers can chargeback if they paid via credit card through paypal but you will just dig yourself a bigger hole. Also, there has to be a reason why it was locked, call them and ask them what it is and how you can get it unlocked (mention that you did in fact fax them arleady).

I think they have a response time of 30 days i believe however this is fairly wrong of them to do. Is this a verified business account? Or just a personal one?

well verified + business
there was no cc verification first
but it was vcc
later we added cc
We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk.
but that was 300$ payment
i think that was the cause

Moral of the story: Never leave a penny in your PayPal account. Always deposit whatever amount you may have as soon as you get it.

Yea, PayPal aren't a real bank and what you have in there essentially is just "e-money". I never personally leave more than $20 in there, if you've got a debit card linked up then you can still pay for things instantly.

well but it was 300$ in one transaction and i never got time
i logged in when that guy said he paid me
the limited message was showing up
and my UK accounts are fine
only US accounts are locked
but all of US ones
all are verified

So do you have more than one paypal account that you deal with? From my experience, If theres a dispute open from a transaction all you have to do is refund the money and they will cancel the dispute..

Hmm ok maybe im a bit confused, so theres no dispute but just a hold on the account? Also if you do have more than one paypal account then eventually they will catch on and freeze the account until it can be investigated is that what happened here?

I didn't read anyone else's post and am not sure if anyone has said this, but paypal is NOT a bank and they can legally close any account any time they like.

Yeah you are exactly right Johnson thats what we where explaining to him, its a unfortunate draw back. You would think with them accepting monetary payments that their would be some sort of regulation on them...

It's probably so that they don't have to deal with any legal implications if they have to cancel someone's account.

Yeah thats very true, save them a few million dollars in lawsuits lol. But still you would think that there would be some sort of consumber protection laws or something, because if someone has a few hundred dollars in the account that they transfered from their bank account and paypal decides to close the account then that person such as our op is absolutely just purely out of luck, its nerve cringing actually.

Well heres a few problems:

1) VCC (virtual credit card) they are currently removing all clients using these. They can tell if you have an international or virtual card on the account.

2) You have more then 1 account but all in different locations, this causes problems and may be the cause for this issue.

3) Never accept anymore then $150 USD at one time, as any payment $150+ that comes in or out at one day places the account on red alert.

I wouldn't threaten to sue yet, work with them, inform them you are upset and see what happens. Phone is the best means, don't use email as they could get lost.

If still no results after a month then you may want to consider a lawsuit. However a lesson for you, always keep an extra 3 months expenses in an account in-case of these issues.

Back