• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP Banner Rotater

KapTinKiRk

Can anyone recommend a (preferably free) banner rotater written in PHP? I'm already aware of phpAds and the listing at hotscripts etc. But I want to know what scripts you have used or have experience with.

Right now I use WebAdverts so I guess I want something similar in functionality. A mySQL backend would be prefered and capable of handling a lot of impressions.

well,

There another one, dot-banners look for it at hotscripts.com
it costs though, you are unlikely to find a free one, if i were you i would get one made to my needs.

Re: well,

Originally posted by Luqman
There another one, dot-banners look for it at hotscripts.com
it costs though, you are unlikely to find a free one, if i were you i would get one made to my needs.

I could probably write one in Perl made to do exactly what i want, but I was looking for the easy way out :(. I asked for PHP because it would be faster than standard Perl.

Originally posted by melz
i haven't really tested them out so i can give any comments (i dun particularly use php ... i prefer perl)
Me either, but from what I looked up and researched, PHP/MySQL would be a wiser choice. If I can write a small Perl script I guess it would still be quite fast as I wrote a Perl script to serve up dynamic pages on my site (only 5KB) and has built in poll and some other stuff.

Ah well... guess I will just keep using WebAdverts until I make my own. Thanks guys

Back