• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP Motion Reseller?

azoundria

The requirements for PHP Motion are as follows:

► PHP 4.3 and above (including support of CLI)
► MySQL database server
► LAME MP3 Encoder
► Libogg + Libvorbis
► Mencoder and also Mplayer
► FFMpeg-PHP
► GD Library 2 or higher
► CGI-BIN
► Be able to run background processes

► open_basedir = (no value)
► upload_max_filesize = 100M
► post_max_size = 100M
► max_execution_time = 1500
► session.gc_maxlifetime = 14000
► safe_mode = off
► Thread saftery = disabled
► enable_dl = On

I am in need of a reseller with these settings, as well as the following:

► cPanel/WHM
► Customized Nameservers
► Fantastico
► Overselling Enabled
► Access to Change Quota, Bandwidth, Modify Account
► Unlimited Accounts
► A Professional Company

I will be operating a free host through this reseller. Although we manually accept all websites, make our rules known, and review websites after creation, occasional abuse happens. I need a company that will be able to deal with this in a professional manner. We have no tolerance for this abuse.

I consider $10/mo a fair price for a reseller, however I am flexible for services of exceptional quality or cheaper services.

The following features are helpful:

► Ruby on Rails
► Frontpage Extensions
► Cron Jobs
► RV Site Builder
► ASP.net
► Any Other Software

Please make sure you have read all of the above, and meet the complete requirements, before you reply.

When you reply, please mention any features above my requirements that you offer, as well as what it is that sets your company ahead of the competition.

Thanks for your time.

What are your requirements in term of space and bandwidth ?
For a free hosting company, we personally suggest you a vps server where you will have more control over your accounts and you'll be able to install all listed services/softwares.

Hi Wajdan,

We usually require around 10GB storage, 100GB bandwidth, and we are willing to pay extra as our usage grows.

A VPS does not work because it requires full management, and at this time we are not properly equipped to handle the task. Cost is also an important factor, since VPSes require their own cPanel license, increasing costs by $15/mo, on top of the already increased cost. This is the reason why a reseller is the best solution for our needs.

If no such reseller exists, it's not a problem. I was just hoping for this, since we have several clients who requested to use PHP Motion. Right now we have to recommend them to our competitors, who often don't treat them with the same amount of respect we believe they deserve.

There is no rush to find the reseller.

Hello,

.ASP is an windows service, if you are going down this road you will not find to many reseller hosting services.

Hi LS,

1) There is such a thing as a Windows reseller.

2) ASP.net was listed as an optional feature. I do not require this.

3) I know that ASP is Windows only, but it's my understanding ASP.net is possible on Linux. Do confirm as this is only something I've been told.

Last edited:
Hello,

I did not say you would not find a windows provider, they are just hard to find in reseller services. There is an Linux emulation for ASP.Net however it does a poor job many features do not work. As does the JSP (tomcat) plugins.

I would recommend increasing your budget to atleast $19.95/month at that level I would be able to recommend many trusted business.

Hi LSComputers,

I will quote:
I am flexible for services of exceptional quality

I am only concerned about the requirements above. If a service is cheaper without any of the optional features, that is also quite helpful.

Back