• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP or PERL?

worlditsme

Personally I think PHP is a far better programming language, haven't had much experience with Perl though.

Last edited:
i would not say any language is "better" than another. it is all about preference and the server you are building on. i personally prefer PHP, but, others are great and do the same things.

I like PHP also. It's mostly preference I guess. Some people prefer ASPX or ASP over PHP, but not me :)

A lot of people say that PHP is better because of speed, but that is debatable. I feel that PHP is easier to learn though because many aspects of it are similar to HTML.

Hi,

I'd also go with PHP, but that's because that's what I use all the time. I guess there will be nearly as many perl-heads out there :)

Regards,

Nick.

They are both programming lanages and both have their pros and cons. I would recommend PHP as it is the largest supported programming platform in terms of contractors / companies available to be hired which in turn will allow you to get a better hourly rate.

totally agree with worlditsme, Php is far better than perl.:love:

I would say they are both good.
It just happens that most host focus their support on PHP more rather than PERL because it is easier for them to maintain the servers just from WHM.

Back