• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP+XML or PHP+mySql:which is best?

Peter65

Currently I am using php, with an html data file (through include() function). The html file contains daily meetings in table format. Once the meeting is over, I manually cut & paste it in an archive meeting html data file.

As the meetings are coming more and more, I realized that the main html data file & archieve file are going to be very big in future and it will be difficult to manage.

1) Some suggested me to go for xml+xslt with php, and some say php+mySql data base would be best option, as it will automatically transfer completed meeting to archive table.

2) I tried a small xml file it worked with IE6 fine but it didn't work with Netscape 4.7x browser. Half of my visitors are using non-IE browsers. If I opt for xml, should I face compatibility problem>?

I would appreciate your solution & suggestion in this matter.

Thanks

Last edited:
I would use PHP and MySQL. You won't get any compatibility problems, and the whole process is speedy and efficient. I have worked with the pair together and I can tell you that it's excellent. However, I can't compare MySQL with XML, as I have never tried the latter before.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I would use PHP and MySQL. You won't get any compatibility problems, and the whole process is speedy and efficient. I have worked with the pair together and I can tell you that it's excellent. However, I can't compare MySQL with XML, as I have never tried the latter before.

Aggreed. :)

Back