• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

php

Hobbes

Where is the best place to learn php? I mean as in a tutorial... I learned basic cgi techniques from something called the "CGI Handbook" that I found on the WWW and I'm wondering if there's something out there called the 'PHP Handbook' lol, or if there's a site that has the best tutorial I can learn from, in your opinion.

http://www.sitepoint.com has a good PHP and MySQL tutorial by Kevin Yank as a start. If you want to buy a book, I would suggest 'Beginning PHP4' or 'Professional PHP Programming'. Both are good, but 'Prof. PHP' is more advanced than 'Beginning'. Download PHP manual and look there if you need to look for a function to do something, or go to PHP Faqts and search your problem there.

I'm using a book called "Sams Teach Yourself PHP4 in 24 Hours". The ISBN number is 0-672-31804-0.

It is split up in to 24 lessons which should take about an hour to complete (but there taking me a few days :) )

Try it out.

Back