• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

phpbb2 inside a table?

phpBB must have 2 template files: the header and the footer (but I don't know how these are called as I don't use phpBB)
- then open the header file and put in the beginning the whole top html of your site (end with the table code where your forum should be inside)
- just do the same with the footer file but copy the end of the html (start with the end html code of the table)

You must edit the template files which are templates/TEMPLATENAME/overall_header.tpl and emplates/TEMPLATENAME/overall_footer.tpl

You can do it with iFrames, but it's gonna be really ugly...
you're better off just making a template that does the same thing.

The header and footer pages of PHPBB2 encase the actual forum. So simply include the code for the top part of the table in header.php and the bottom in footer.php.

Note: Since I switched to OpenBB, the exact names of header and footer.php may be different.

Back