• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

phpBB2 RC-3

trenzterra

NLC
cool! finally it is released :) Been waiting for a long time and couple of nice features! Looks like it has much more features than RC2 which is a good sign :)

I really don't want to upgrade... I'll have to reinstall all my MODs and redo the entire template.. :(

noo!!!11 i'm NOT upgrading! I half own a phpBB 2.0 RC-2 board that has a custom template and about 20 mods and we're NOT gonna redoo all of that!

luckily I was wise not to install any mods into RC versions. Upgrading went pretty okay except for some failures which the upgrading script said it was probably okay... Anyone experience failures too?

Also it looks cool, it is just like a CVS snapshot, has many vB features and stuff, like users browsing each forum etc.

> Also it looks cool, it is just like a CVS snapshot

What do you think the releases are? But sure, they forgot to modify the footer to reflect the release name.

Originally posted by cheatpark
What are the differences between rc-2 and rc-3?

Hmm...features I guess. But the board still hasn't improved in terms of looks. Still that same old annoying feel I can't seem to get rid of...Unfortunately, I can't describe it properly either.

And I really detest the phpBB "Post Reply" screen. It's quite confusing, since they ask you to post a subject without putting "Optional." It's difficult to tell the difference, whether you're posting a reply or a topic. And the thing I hate most...the UBB-style scrollbox that lets you review a thread while replying. That was the thing I hated MOST about UBB, and they brought it back. I could go on whining, but I have better things to do.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Hmm...features I guess. But the board still hasn't improved in terms of looks. Still that same old annoying feel I can't seem to get rid of...Unfortunately, I can't describe it properly either.

And I really detest the phpBB "Post Reply" screen. It's quite confusing, since they ask you to post a subject without putting "Optional." It's difficult to tell the difference, whether you're posting a reply or a topic. And the thing I hate most...the UBB-style scrollbox that lets you review a thread while replying. That was the thing I hated MOST about UBB, and they brought it back. I could go on whining, but I have better things to do.
I like the feature of that. So if I forget who posted what, I can review it again without pressing the back button.

Hey Phrozen you're upgrading your forum: FORUMS ARE BEING UPGRADED; THEY'LL BE BACK SHORTLY.

> And I really detest the phpBB "Post Reply" screen. It's quite
> confusing, since they ask you to post a subject without
> putting "Optional."

I wonder what the templates are for.

> And the thing I hate most...the UBB-style scrollbox that lets you
> review a thread while replying. That was the thing I hated
> MOST about UBB, and they brought it back.

Templates...

Originally posted by AlieXai
> And I really detest the phpBB "Post Reply" screen. It's quite
> confusing, since they ask you to post a subject without
> putting "Optional."

I wonder what the templates are for.

> And the thing I hate most...the UBB-style scrollbox that lets you
> review a thread while replying. That was the thing I hated
> MOST about UBB, and they brought it back.

Templates...

The templates don't do anything; phpBB doesn't COME with any extra templates, except for that **** ugly style they have right now..

Originally posted by trentzerra
I like the feature of that. So if I forget who posted what, I can review it again without pressing the back button.

I like being able to review threads too...However, I don't like having them organized into a scrollbox!

> The templates don't do anything; phpBB doesn't COME with
> any extra templates, except for that **** ugly style they have
> right now

Then make your own. Don't know how? Then that's unfortunate. You'll just have to wait until other people can make one for you.

> I don't like having them organized into a scrollbox!

This is why the template files are pure HTML. You can even open them in Frontpage! If you don't like the inline frame topic review uses... then change it.

Yeah right, like one could do anything with Frontpage. :rolleyes:

As for creating my own template, I dare you to even show me a phpBB2 board that actually gets rid of the annoying phpBB2 look and feel. I haven't seen a single one yet.

I dare you to even show me a phpBB2 board that actually gets rid of the annoying phpBB2 look and feel. I haven't seen a single one yet.
PHPBB2's template looks nice. If you don't like it, create one or don't use it! And, don't insult it!!!!!!!

I don't know how to explain it, but everything about phpBB 2 looks childish. Customize the template? If you customize all the colors and all the images, you still end up with that strange 5-year old feel on your board. (BTW, to this date, I have only seen 3 phpBB2 boards which actually had noticeable customized colors.) I respect its features and all, but the board looks like a mess. I love the organized control center, but you can't do much to the look of the board. In the end, you still get the same old phpBB 2 board. :(

I had a really curomosed pphBB 2.0 RC-2 board but when w eupgraded to RC-3 out theme didn' work.

PS:The phpBB 2 defrault theme sux

I don't know how to explain it, but everything about phpBB 2 looks childish. Customize the template? If you customize all the colors and all the images, you still end up with that strange 5-year old feel on your board. (BTW, to this date, I have only seen 3 phpBB2 boards which actually had noticeable customized colors.) I respect its features and all, but the board looks like a mess. I love the organized control center, but you can't do much to the look of the board. In the end, you still get the same old phpBB 2 board. :(
Now I'm so angry with PHPBB2. So angry that I'm vomitting blood!!!!!! :devious2:

I'm so damn furious: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=51841#51841

Back