• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please help me reformat

Sandie

Hi

I have a philips iQon pc with windows xp on it, windows xp was installed already when i bought it so i dont have a disc, i assume its built in.

I have reformat it before a year ago and am sure i went into f8 but i just tried now n cant find where to do it.

I am stupid lolz, can someone give me a step by step guide on what to do please.

Many Thanks

Jane :classic2:

If you format it, what operating system do you have to replace windows xp?

Depends on your machine.
Some have a hidden partition with the original windows
some ask you to pop a few cd's one after the other

I recommend you contact your computer's manufacturer if unsure

Thanks for the replys :)

I done it last year but cant remember how, but i didnt need a disc then cos it seems to have it installed already, when i say reformat it i mean wipe it all clean n back to basics like it was when i got it out the box

dunno lol if thats what it is to put it back to how it was when i got it ?

am stupid with pcs

thanks for your help

I done it last year but cant remember how, but i didnt need a disc then cos it seems to have it installed already, when i say reformat it i mean wipe it all clean n back to basics like it was when i got it out the box
Seems like a hidden partition with the windows image on it.

When your computer boots up, as soon as you see something on your screen, read carefully what's written. It may tell you F2 Restore System or something to that effect. Press the key and follow the steps.

To reformat the whole hard disk and install a fresh copy of windows then you just need to put an Windows CD installer on your cd drive and make sure CD drive will boot first on your BIOS settings. After booting, just follow the instructions.

Back