• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please, help me with gapps and other hosting

elaprendiz0710

Yesterday I bought a domain with google apps integrated... The google's business partner is eNom.

eNom configured the A and Cname records... with out me, in order to be able to use google apps (calendar, email, sites)

However, I want to use own hosting..

What should I modify to use own domain keeping the current google services?

Please, see the images attacheds...

thanks

pd. sorry for my english level

Attachments

• dns1.jpg
    dns1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 10
  • dns2.jpg
    dns2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5
Hmm, if you are just using Google Apps, it's not a problem at all actually. Just request for your Domain Provider to change your NameServer Records to your new Hosting Company's NS Records, and then add a MX Record pointing to Google's Mail Servers. I'm supposing you're going for cPanel as your Hosting Control Panel.

In that case, upon logging into your cPanel Account, under the sub-section 'Mail', you should find one option named as 'MX Records'. Configure it like how Google Apps advises you to (in the Google Apps Control Panel). For the CNAME and A Records, request for your Host to manually add it for you via the WHM.

Done.

bro i had same problem.i got google apps free and my domain wasn't pointing at my exisiting site even after updating nameservers.one thing you can do is delete all A records bcoz they are pointing google apps ips and delete 1 CNAME record which is last in ur 1st s.s. This way you can use google apps too.

okay, looking at the first image, this is what you should do:

1: select "use custom dns" from the box at the middle and put in the nameservers given to you by your host.
2: delete the last host record(the one that says "www")

this should work while still keeping google apps set up.

Please help me with gapps and other hosting

Hey everyone sorry if this post is misplaced but I cant find any free hosts that accept A host ip based hosting or CNAME domain hosting.

I currently am using GoDaddys nameservers and honestly I do not want to change them because they link to my webmail and blog.

Anyone know any sites or have any offers?

THANKS

Back