• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

plesk or cpanel

is0lized

See Below
i need to know whats better plesk or cpanel, someone is offering me one of them, i have had cpanel thats good but dont know plesk

WHM?

no, a host is offering plesk or cpanel

<note>myacen, i would of signed up with you, but you didnt have mysql databases i need, you sound like a great host, keep it up man :)</note>

I've only used CPanel before, and even then, it was a modified version by Aletiahosting.

If you're like most users, you don't spend most of your days in the cp. They both can do pretty much the same thing, Plesk might be a bit more confusing, but nothing you can't figure out. Plesk doesn't have all the add-ons, which you can of course install yourself. If you'd prefer having preinstalled scripts, then go for the cpanel. It might depend on what you need, but overall, they all do more or less the same thing, and can set up pop accounts just as well as the other.

he set me up a demo account, plesk isnt that nice for me, i know how to use it but cpanel is nice pre installedscripts + stats

Hi,

A control panel is just a tool. If you want something pretty get CPanel. If you want something that's stable, secure and blandly functional get Plesk.

CPanel is buggy and will have you writing alot of tickets.:D

Plesk will have you pulling your hair out the first time you use it, but if your host has good FAQ and tutorials plus a good forum where users can ask each other how to do things then you'll fly in no time. And from there, you won't experience many problems. :)

When I was about to purchase hosting with cpanel, good thing I looked before buying it. The panel looked like it was made by 10 year old person, those wide borders, and horizontal scrollbars form too and everything. Buttons just looks like they were done in 5 min, but plesk looks lot more professinal and better. its much more stable and not buggier as cpanel. I suggest you go buy that plan with plesk since its better in everything!

Originally posted by Californium
When I was about to purchase hosting with cpanel, good thing I looked before buying it. The panel looked like it was made by 10 year old person, those wide borders, and horizontal scrollbars form too and everything. Buttons just looks like they were done in 5 min
Oh please, it's the appearance of cpanel that attracted people. But under all their fancy and user-friendly decorations, there are numerous bugs and glitches that the cpanel team have failed to patch up...

Back