• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

plz help, i have no idea!!!

jahed

can anyone please help me!!! i have no idea in how to use an ftp. i dont get it, so many web hosters provide users with an ftp which really means to upload all of your files onto the service. ok i get that part. i think you have to upload one file then another, but say if you have thousands and thousands of files to upload. that will take you forever. so which other program will allow you to upload all of your files in one go. i mean ftp is popular hence it hasnt got the facility to upload all of the files in one go. please help as soon as possible. thanks.

without going into too much detail.....

open notepad and copy this

Code:
ftp://username:password@host

replace username with your username, password with your password, and host with your domain name....then copy all the text and paste it into internet explorer....

This will open your ftp space like a folder on your computer, giving you the ability to drag and drop files as if it were "My Documents"

good luck

Last edited:
it dont work, it keeps on saying that make sure the path or inetrnet adress is correct.

if your on a windows machine please ad me to msn, I can then let you share control of my machine and walk you through it, wil take 5 minutes.....

my username at hotmail dot com, if you have no msn Start -> All Programs -> Request remote assistance, send an invite to my address, and we'll do it the other way round....

Personally, I can't be bothered with ftp clients - I've used them before but it's easy enough for me to do this in IE:
Code:
ftp://username:password@ftp.plamdi.com/
You can drag and drop, and that's all I really want. I'll be 23 in 1 week, when I was younger I preferred ftp clients, but now i just want ease of use. I still type every line of CSS, HTML and script in notepad, though.

Back